Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Signing up? (Ferrari)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:49 PM
AndreCT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the 308 design especially the way it turned up in the 288 GTO... I see design elements of it in the 430..
Dislike the newer design pictured here. A lot!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:57 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cello
Well, maybe the Pininfarina Alfa team beat the Pininfarina Ferrari team to it
No friggen way that is close to what I would have photoshopped. If you took the part I circled and noted as "nice" and put that on the front of the alfa, it would be better.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

That thing looks like a Mitsubishi Spyder!
Will it be in the next Fast & Furious movie?

That thing is an insult to the original beauty.... right?

Old 05-21-2008, 11:14 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by Meister Fahrer
That thing looks like a Mitsubishi Spyder!
Will it be in the next Fast & Furious movie?

That thing is an insult to the original beauty.... right?

Thanks for the picture. That is a universe apart . . . how beautiful. Strong, clean, coherent . . .

Hard to see the DNA in the new model. Looks more like they used caricatures from the older features rather than designing with the heart . . .
Old 05-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Jlangmd
Racer

Originally Posted by TD in DC
The rear view is even worse IMHO . . .
You don't need photoshop when you have such mad paint skilz!
Old 05-21-2008, 11:45 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jlangmd
You don't need photoshop when you have such mad paint skilz!
Old 05-22-2008, 04:16 AM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by am722
Hmm...
The Gran Turismo has been haunting me too. So much so I was checking online to see what kind of inventories the local dealers have in stock Two dealers have one each and one dealer has over 10? Plus the ones I see on ebay usually have Buy It Now for MSRP so they must not be flying off the shelf.

Anyways, last I heard they are discounting the Quattroportes heavily so I am going to wait and see what happens with the Gran Turismo.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:55 AM
1Carnut
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts

I wish my wife liked the saturn sky better too, would save me alot of money LOL.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:30 AM
JamesT7
Instructor

I have to say I am curious about the new Ferrari. I too thought that Ferrari wanted a car in the mid 150K range and not another 200K+ car. I have not heard what the msrp is really going to be.

In regards to design. Well it is for us to critique a new design as all of us know it has been done for decades before now. The Dino was not greatly loved when it first was released as were other Ferraris of the past. And of course it is not just Ferrari that has had this happen to some of it's new cars. It has happened to Lamborghini and Aston Martin and even Porsche.

As it has been said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To each their own I guess. I am interested in seeing it in person frankly. I find most designs are appreciated more in person than by pictures.

Just my two cents.

Thanks.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Fred2
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

What do you guys think about the fact that you can NOT get it with a normal M/T?

It is only available with the DSG type trans.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:42 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC2993
There was a Ferrari California like the one seen in the movie "Ferris Beuler's Day Off" that just sold at auction for a little over 10 million USD. I think that it was a 62 model and was first owned by actor James Coburn. Beautiful car, great ROI too! I wonder if this style will sell for that much more in 46 years.
In 46 years, it will be a scrap heap. Plastic bumpers and "cutting edge" technology don't age well. Not a criticism of this car only - it's just the way it is, all the "classic" cars have already been built.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Sands
Instructor

Personally, I find the new Ferrari atrocious, especially since it is descended from such an outstanding earlier version. I actually like the 355 a lot. Go ahead, TD, slash and burn!
Attached Images  
Old 05-22-2008, 12:12 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by Sands
Personally, I find the new Ferrari atrocious, especially since it is descended from such an outstanding earlier version. I actually like the 355 a lot. Go ahead, TD, slash and burn!

I love the 355. The lower scoop on the rocker panel seems a bit much, but the basic form of the body is pure sex.
Attached Images  

Last edited by TD in DC; 05-22-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:08 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JamesT7
I have to say I am curious about the new Ferrari. I too thought that Ferrari wanted a car in the mid 150K range and not another 200K+ car. I have not heard what the msrp is really going to be.

In regards to design. Well it is for us to critique a new design as all of us know it has been done for decades before now. The Dino was not greatly loved when it first was released as were other Ferraris of the past. And of course it is not just Ferrari that has had this happen to some of it's new cars. It has happened to Lamborghini and Aston Martin and even Porsche.

As it has been said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To each their own I guess. I am interested in seeing it in person frankly. I find most designs are appreciated more in person than by pictures.

Just my two cents.

Thanks.
Well said.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:39 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Fred2
What do you guys think about the fact that you can NOT get it with a normal M/T?

It is only available with the DSG type trans.
Not just Ferrari but that's the trend for many manufacturers nowadays. It's faster, easier to drive, and gives manufacturers one good reason to raise the price and lower their production cost if its the only transmission available. Why not?

Personally, I found paddle shift boring. I do not care if its faster because I do not race. I think driving a m/t is what makes driving fun Anyways, when my kids are old enough to drive and hopefully I will still have my 996 GT3, they will probably look at me and it as dinosaurs

Quick Reply: Anyone Signing up? (Ferrari)