Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement Tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 11:33 AM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone is interested I have a couple sets of 335/35/19 that are in good shape, I think i also have a set or two of 305/30/19 in good shape CHEAP... On the cup tires, keep in mind that they start out with %50 less tread than other tires 4mm VS 8mm. And about TireRack not releaseing the tires, its an agreement with Porsche, when they get low you must supply a vin so Porsche owners can get tires. This is actually for "our" benifit.

Mark
Old 06-29-2008, 03:31 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by marky522
If anyone is interested I have a couple sets of 335/35/19 that are in good shape, I think i also have a set or two of 305/30/19 in good shape CHEAP... On the cup tires, keep in mind that they start out with %50 less tread than other tires 4mm VS 8mm. And about TireRack not releaseing the tires, its an agreement with Porsche, when they get low you must supply a vin so Porsche owners can get tires. This is actually for "our" benifit.

Mark
Mark, I tried the VIN number thing with Tire Rack and they will only sell to the Porsche dealers and the the Porsche dealer marks the tires up even more. It is a FREAKIN' SCAM tire Rack has going on! This is on the N Spec tires and I will NOT play this game with Tire Rack and will buy tires else where and could care less about the N Spec BS...as long as the load rating is at the Porsche required rating or hirer I will buy any other brand from a source on the internet or local tire shop.

Tire Rack is NOT the only place to buy tires and more and more company's are producing tires that will fit our cars.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True, we can use any XL tire as long as it's within the same range for the rear per Porsche spec. I know FBL uses the Yokohama Advans.

At least I got the damn Bridgestones. I'll see how long these last. The P-Zero's went 17,204! I hope they don't flat spot like the P-Zero's did.

It's always wise to shop around on tires.

Deanski
Old 07-11-2008, 12:20 AM
JimG
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been told by my dealer that using any non (N) rated tires could affect warranty claims if any suspension components fail. Sounds like BS to me. I need new backs and am afraid to see what the dealer wants. I may try 4 new Bridgestones.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:04 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by JimG
I have been told by my dealer that using any non (N) rated tires could affect warranty claims if any suspension components fail. Sounds like BS to me. I need new backs and am afraid to see what the dealer wants. I may try 4 new Bridgestones.
Total BS. If they mandate a brand of product to use and do not provide that product for free and refuse warranty that is against the Magnuson Moss warranty act. For example they can tell you to use this weight of oil but not the brand. As long as you use the proper size and load rated tire you are fine.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:38 AM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Mark, I tried the VIN number thing with Tire Rack and they will only sell to the Porsche dealers and the the Porsche dealer marks the tires up even more. It is a FREAKIN' SCAM tire Rack has going on! This is on the N Spec tires and I will NOT play this game with Tire Rack and will buy tires else where and could care less about the N Spec BS...as long as the load rating is at the Porsche required rating or hirer I will buy any other brand from a source on the internet or local tire shop.

Tire Rack is NOT the only place to buy tires and more and more company's are producing tires that will fit our cars.
Yeah that was my fault, forgot to put in there that they will only release to the dealers with a vin.

I havent come across any issues about voiding a warranty. At the very worst I have seen customers complain about vibrations that were caused by non-N rated tires, and we told the customers there was nothing we could do.

Mark

Quick Reply: Replacement Tires