Sponsored by:

dollar amount off MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 11:36 AM
keithwatson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dollar amount off MSRP

I bought a new 07 C2S in December with MSRP of 94.5K. I paid 90K. How much should I have bargained or did I pay a reasonable price? Being an 07 selling in December, I suppose I should have negotiated harder, right. Oh well, what's done is done and I have no regrets with the car itself. After reading some posts of what people have gotten off MSRP, I am left doubting my wheeling and dealing skills, however.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:44 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Keith -

Considering you already bought the car 5 months ago....I don't think you want the answer.

Just enjoy your car.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Why oh why do people do this to themselves? You're beating yourself up for what? You have the car. Enjoy it.

Oh and FYI- someone will ALWAYS pay LESS then you did. (read between the lines on that one).

Enjoy the car in good health would ya? lol
Old 05-06-2008, 12:28 PM
keithwatson
Advanced

I know it is stupid and pointless, but I would like to know what I could have gotten away with. Would low 80's have been reasonable?
Old 05-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by keithwatson
I know it is stupid and pointless, but I would like to know what I could have gotten away with. Would low 80's have been reasonable?
Depends who you ask. ,8,9, 10 even 12+ % off of sticker. You're going to get a lot of "Could have, should have, would have" answers here on that question.

End of the day; someone (like I said before) will ALWAYS say they paid less then you. Count on it like the sun coming up.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:44 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

12% is the best I have heard of off of a non-targa.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:49 PM
MartyB
Racer

Would low 80's have been reasonable?
Bingo. Glad you said it - I wouldn't have had the heart to. Keep in mind that not all dealers or regions will be the most aggressive price wise. Low 80's might have required you to shop around and travel for your car. Also, you probably would have been required to compromise on the options you wanted if you had pushed for a big discount. Don't let the price you paid be an impediment to your enjoyment of the car - you got a fantastic car at a better discount than lots of folks who have bought 997s. If you want some ideas about the current market the next time you buy, come here first.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I live in S. CA and I was able to negotiate approx. 10% off of MSRP for my 2008 C2S in March. I would think that you should have been able to do at least as well.

But as others have suggested... who cares? Enjoy the beautiful car you now have in your stable. They're horrible investments no matter how you cut the cake so just enjoy it.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Laertes
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

This wasn't an Atlas gray '07 C2S from Barrier in Bellevue WA, was it?
Old 05-06-2008, 01:26 PM
keithwatson
Advanced

Actually no, it was black and from the hills of Charleston, WV
Old 05-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Don't sweat it...some of us that bought the first batch back in in 2004 had to pay full MSRP.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:25 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a new 07 C2S in December with MSRP of 94.5K. I paid 90K. How much should I have bargained or did I pay a reasonable price? Being an 07 selling in December, I suppose I should have negotiated harder, right. Oh well, what's done is done and I have no regrets with the car itself. After reading some posts of what people have gotten off MSRP, I am left doubting my wheeling and dealing skills, however.
keith-for that msrp, you got a well equipt carrera s. the important question is not what you paid, but what did you do after you got the car. if you enjoy it over the time that you have it, drive it a lot and eventually sell it/trade it for a good price, that is more important than what you paid for it. i personally think the person that gets 10% off but only drives it on days that are sunny on the weekend are doing alot worse than the person that paid more but use the heck out of their car. well, there is some rationalization for you-enjoy the car in good health.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:47 AM
eljeffo64
Racer

so what......
Old 05-07-2008, 11:53 AM
str8line
Relevance Score TBD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by docjackson1
keith-for that msrp, you got a well equipt carrera s. the important question is not what you paid, but what did you do after you got the car. if you enjoy it over the time that you have it, drive it a lot and eventually sell it/trade it for a good price, that is more important than what you paid for it. i personally think the person that gets 10% off but only drives it on days that are sunny on the weekend are doing alot worse than the person that paid more but use the heck out of their car. well, there is some rationalization for you-enjoy the car in good health.

Good stuff doc!

I paid $87,000 for my $93,000 MSRP 2008 black/black C2S in February from Circle Porsche in Long Beach. I was looking for 10% off but the dealer wouldn't go for it. I feel like I paid a fair price and drive it every day it's not raining.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:13 PM
looney2n
Instructor

I shopped hard and long and had different dealers trying to get my business.

I will not share details, but I found the price different based on the area of the country, the dealers inventory and time of the month you are dealing.

Like it has been said, don't worry about it now and just keep enjoying your toy!!!

The more I look after I made the purchase the more I can think about how I could have purchased a used model and spent less. But that is not what I wanted.

That's my 2 cents..................

Quick Reply: dollar amount off MSRP