Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dollar amount off MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:01 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I second the above. I spent the 2nd half of 2007 looking locally at the dealership, classifieds, online, etc. I scoured the annals of rennlist trying to gleam tidbits of info regarding optimal purchase prices, ordering new vs buying off the lot vs buying low mileage used. After some time, the act of buying in lieu of actually owning a p-car became frustrating and excessively time-consuming. I found a great deal on a 5 month old 07 c2s with 3000 miles with the colors I wanted, the options I either wanted or could live with, and a price I could not turn down. Sure it took about 60 emails back and forth between the salesguy and various managers and I had to ship the car across the Pacific (actually the dealership paid for that as one of their concessions).

Am I happy I got a great deal? Sure. Would I do it all over again vs just custom ordering a new c2s exactly as I wanted it and spending a 11 grand more? That's questionable. As with anything in life, if you believe you are getting a good deal when you're closing, then pull the trigger and don't look back. Or you'll always be second guessing your self. P-car ownership is about relentless joy, not misgiving.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:20 AM
keithwatson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are all making me feel better. The degree to which I enjoy the car has not waned and is unaffected by these thoughts of "just how little could I have paid". And you're right, it is all about enjoying the car that I have wanted since I was 8 years old. Thanks for your thoughts.

Quick Reply: dollar amount off MSRP