Sponsored by:

Looking for a great car hauler

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Lblackman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a great car hauler

A few of us here in Vancouver have just come back from a marathon road trip organized around four separate race tracks in CA ... Streets of Willow, Buttonwillow, Infineon, and Laguna. Now we are tossing around the idea of doing another track road trip in September -- taking in a couple of days at Reno - Fernely, then over to Thunderhill for 2 - 3 days.

That is a lot of miles to drive our cars down, especially for those that just got back from last week's trip. So ... an idea I am playing with is to find a car transporter who could take the cars and gear down for us, departing either from Vancouver or from Blaine WA. We would meet at Reno, drive there for two days, load the cars up for Thunderhill, and meet it there. After we were done there, we would ship the cars back to the starting point.

So my question -- can anyone recommend a hauler that might be worthwhile talking to? For argument's sake, I am suggesting we would have 4 - 6 cars.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Lorne
Old 04-29-2008, 01:16 AM
StickShift964
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

i suggest you put this in off topic section.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:55 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

That is going to cost you big bucks Lorne. An enclosed transport is about 2grand for each trip... arrive and drive programs which include transport cost about 6K.
It would be better to get a trailer, have it parked for when you need it and then rent a truck to tow it. Canadian Truck Rental rents 1 ton pick ups ready with towing package, brake controller etc.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:31 AM
StickShift964
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

he could be transporting up to and over 20,000lbs of vehicles alone not to mention the weight of the trailer to hold said vehicles.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:39 PM
J1SD
Advanced

I am sure any of them would do it...just a matter of $$$. I used Demoise Trucking to get my car across country. Great people, very reliable and professional. Worth a call, maybe.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:02 PM
RED HORSE
Race Car

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

I used FedEx with good results for a recent cross country haul.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:11 AM
Lblackman
Advanced

Thanks for the suggestion .. and as StickShift964 notes, this is a different kind of trip, with multiple cars, and several destinations.

I've got a couple of leads I am pursuing . . . in the best of all worlds we would simply have our own rig, but that ain't gonna happen! So . . . the question is what the time / $ / depreciation calculus is versus hiring a hauler.

Lorne

Quick Reply: Looking for a great car hauler