Sponsored by:

What's with all the Hating?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by }{arlequin
points,
i admit, it's a reason (for having options listings) that i haven't considered, but it's more likely b/c the other reason jumped out right away due to the 'why-are-all-these-non-porsche-owners-hating-my-expensive-car' tone of this thread.

personally, when people want to ask what's in my car, they usually just ask or pm me directly, so i never saw a reason for throwing out there for everyone to see that i ordered extra crests for my glove box, storage, headrests, along w/ contrast stitching, and leather smothered turn signal stalks etc etc.
Post a pic....I like contrasting stitching...its a Liberace thing....in my blood and all. Funny thing about your prior posts....I have buddies calling me that dont post callin me Liberace and other unprintable shyte. Its just funnier than hell..Im gettin a huge kick out this.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:59 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by points
Post a pic....I like contrasting stitching...its a Liberace thing....in my blood and all. Funny thing about your prior posts....I have buddies calling me that dont post callin me Liberace and other unprintable shyte. Its just funnier than hell..Im gettin a huge kick out this.

This thead makes me want to get a haircut.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:03 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately I just read this thread. WTF?

What crap.

Edit - Just utilized the ignore list feature. Six asshats on ignore and this thread is actually readable and funny.

Last edited by JohnnyBahamas; 04-29-2008 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Asshats make me puke.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Just received a call from a good friend in Miami...a fellow porsche owner..it went something like this,"hey Liberace,what are you a kansas city ****** (blazing saddles) who in gods name gets ruffled leather?". Im still laughing.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:38 PM
lupin..the..3rd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
So it's a horrid jealousy you admit to having??? Man, that's gotta be the worst kind. That's the kind you get if you don't own a car and have to ride a bicycle like the 40 yr Old Virgin.

Tips you ask? Sorry. Looks like there's no hope for someone like you.
LOL funny how stereotypes always seem to play themselves out! Do some donuts in the parking lot and run a few red lights on the way home today. When other motorists are giving you dirty looks (or pointing and laughing), just keep telling yourself it's all about jealousy.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:53 PM
eqs
Advanced

I told you .... it's best to do that *#$& when no ones around otherwise others do have right to get p_ssed off ..... and the stereotypes are what they are because there is a reason. Look in the mirror guys - get real for a moment and re-read the posts - all of them. It's quite apparent that the answer to the question is right there in front of everyone.

Get it, got, good. DrP did design good cars though - even the lower priced ones that handle really great.

Sometimes the truth hurts

Cheers, have a good day, and good luck
Old 04-29-2008, 04:09 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by lupin..the..3rd
Do some donuts in the parking lot and run a few red lights on the way home today.
No, no, no. I never abuse my 911 like that. No donuts for me, no trying to dump the clutch, or whatever it is kids like to do.

And no, I don't run red lights. Sounds like you have me confused with someone else. Obviously not paying attention here.

Like I said, I seldom take mine out on the road. I've only managed to put on 4700 miles in 3 yrs of ownership. So when I finally do get to take her out I like to enjoy what I have.

On the way home tonight? In my 98 hp Mini Cooper???
Old 04-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Ben:

If you want to put a few more miles on it, drive on out here. I just bought a new AR-15 and we go gather up some of my other friends and go do some shooting.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Are you guys at it AGAIN?? lol wtf....*slaps head*
Old 04-29-2008, 04:15 PM
cag64
Instructor

I cannot believe I read this whole thread ............... I'm going driving.......... Peace!
Old 04-29-2008, 04:19 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dariof
Ben:

If you want to put a few more miles on it, drive on out here. I just bought a new AR-15 and we go gather up some of my other friends and go do some shooting.
You bet.

Did you finally get your stockpile of ammo?
Old 04-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

You bet.

Did you finally get your stockpile of ammo?
Yes, sir. 1000 rounds of pure awesome.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:23 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Like I said, I seldom take mine out on the road. I've only managed to put on 4700 miles in 3 yrs of ownership. So when I finally do get to take her out I like to enjoy what I have.

On the way home tonight? In my 98 hp Mini Cooper???

I guess the haters only come out on alternate Tuesdays and those bitchen Starbucks fun runs, eh?

So let others think what they may. You bought a Porsche for its capability. Don't ever let others intimidate you into driving conservatively, and not enjoying what you paid for.

Sounds like you bought a Porsche for it’s capability to “style and profile”.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:29 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I seldom take mine out on the road. I've only managed to put on 4700 miles in 3 yrs of ownership.
I believe it says in the owner's manual of your car that driving more than 2000 miles per year will un-ruffle the leather, and then, well, it'd be worthless.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:30 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, um, Steve . . . are you driving any of your Porsches to work on a daily basis? Just sayin . . .

I do. My car gets driven on a daily basis. Why own a 997 if you do not drive it every day at every moment that you can, particularly if you do not even go to the track?

Quick Reply: What's with all the Hating?