Sponsored by:

PSS10's Installed, Tubi Done and New Shoes, I'm gettin there

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 12:45 AM
b911s
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSS10's Installed, Tubi Done and New Shoes, I'm gettin there

Just finished up with the Tubi install tonight and the PSS10's last night. Wanted to throw a few pics up for you to see the progress. Dont mind the boards under the tires, have to fine tune the suspension further and it makes it easier to get the jack underneath. Looks like the back needs to go down more and maybe a tad more in the front. Tubi sounds great but only blipped it at few times, didnt want to rile up the neighbors at 11PM. These arnt the greatest shots but you get the idea. My PCM center stack should also be finished being painted this week and I'll get some good shots inside and out up for you once everything is done. I cant wait to finally drive the thing, it's been sitting here 3 weeks and only has 60 miles on it.
Attached Images    
Old 04-23-2008, 03:34 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,019 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by b911s
Just finished up with the Tubi install tonight and the PSS10's last night. Wanted to throw a few pics up for you to see the progress. Dont mind the boards under the tires, have to fine tune the suspension further and it makes it easier to get the jack underneath. Looks like the back needs to go down more and maybe a tad more in the front. Tubi sounds great but only blipped it at few times, didnt want to rile up the neighbors at 11PM. These arnt the greatest shots but you get the idea. My PCM center stack should also be finished being painted this week and I'll get some good shots inside and out up for you once everything is done. I cant wait to finally drive the thing, it's been sitting here 3 weeks and only has 60 miles on it.

Sweet but do you need spacers to bring the wheels out of the wells? Or maybe it's just the light and/or angle of the pics.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:08 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

PSS10's are nice but you are going to suffer at the track with the bling bling 20" hip hop dubs. Take your car to a Porsche performance shop and have them corner balance it and they will get the ride height correct at all 4 corners for you. Love the Yellow with the PCCB's!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:37 PM
b911s
Intermediate

Yes, it's a combination of the angle of the pics and the fact that the alignment nor corner balancing hasnt been done yet so the camber is way off and the wheels are sucked in at the top.

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Sweet but do you need spacers to bring the wheels out of the wells? Or maybe it's just the light and/or angle of the pics.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:45 PM
b911s
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mdrums
PSS10's are nice but you are going to suffer at the track with the bling bling 20" hip hop dubs. Take your car to a Porsche performance shop and have them corner balance it and they will get the ride height correct at all 4 corners for you. Love the Yellow with the PCCB's!!!
The "Hip Hop Dubs" are just a little bling for the street. Track rims will be a set of 19" Volk TE 37's with a set of Hoosiers. Going to the shop tomorrow for the corner weighting and alignment. Thanks for the comments.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:24 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by b911s
The "Hip Hop Dubs" are just a little bling for the street. Track rims will be a set of 19" Volk TE 37's with a set of Hoosiers. Going to the shop tomorrow for the corner weighting and alignment. Thanks for the comments.
Well then you got it going on! Looks nice and some great worthy mods!
Old 04-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Love the car. But, man.......those poor Carrera Sport Wheels......me likey those MUCH better then the bling. Ah well. It's your whip not mine.

Post a vid of the tubi exhaust. Love to hear it.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:03 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok - Now I am confused, What is the difference between "damptronics" and "PSS10s"??? I know from pming Ron that the "damptronic" Ron installed is a "coil over" system which works in two settings making it compatible with the PASM. Is the PSS10 a "coil over" system that ignores the PASM and has manual settings, much like the PSS9? Sorry new to 997s and electronics, came from a 993.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by agdamis
Ok - Now I am confused, What is the difference between "damptronics" and "PSS10s"??? I know from pming Ron that the "damptronic" Ron installed is a "coil over" system which works in two settings making it compatible with the PASM. Is the PSS10 a "coil over" system that ignores the PASM and has manual settings, much like the PSS9? Sorry new to 997s and electronics, came from a 993.
You can have PSS9 or PSS10 as standard coilover adjustable from the shock itself, OR you can get them as "DAMPTRONIC" for PASM cars who want to keep PASM. DAMPTONIC is a mode label, so you can order these : PSS10/DAMPTONIC or just PSS10.

B911s: We need to see pics of the underside with the new Tubi and more of the PSS10 Damptronics!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 04-23-2008, 11:42 PM
mdrums
Race Director

agdamis, with the PSS10 you have to disable the PASM. The Porsche dealer can do this with the PIWIS tool. With the Damptronics model your still get to use the PASM shocks button.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:59 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanski
You can have PSS9 or PSS10 as standard coilover adjustable from the shock itself, OR you can get them as "DAMPTRONIC" for PASM cars who want to keep PASM. DAMPTONIC is a mode label, so you can order these : PSS10/DAMPTONIC or just PSS10.

B911s: We need to see pics of the underside with the new Tubi and more of the PSS10 Damptronics!

Regards,
Deanski
Got it. Then one last question. The PSS9 has, if memory serves 10 different settings. PASM has 2 different settings (normal / sport). Reason then tells me that "damptronic PSS9 / 10" has two also but which two? Is that preset by Bilstein or can you choose that?
Old 04-24-2008, 11:13 AM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Love the car. But, man.......those poor Carrera Sport Wheels......me likey those MUCH better then the bling. Ah well. It's your whip not mine.
+1

Quick Reply: PSS10's Installed, Tubi Done and New Shoes, I'm gettin there