Sponsored by:

Climate control system acting strange

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 04:57 PM
prwdmd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate control system acting strange

I've been having an issue with my climate control system. I'm fairly certain that this isn't normal but just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this. Quite often my front cabin vents refuse to blow very much air out even when I push the button that is supposed to direct air just out of the front vents. I can hear the fan working, it makes a lot of noise, but seems that the air is being diverted elsewhere. Sometimes it spontaneously resolves and starts blowing. I'm wondering if the Porsche has something analagous to the final stage resistors in BMWs which control cabin airflow and are prone to failure. I'll probably be bringing it back to the dealer in the near future since it will be getting very warm soon.

One other thing... does everyone's temp setting always revert to the default setting of 70 deg, AC on, auto control when starting up? It's kind of annoying to have to adjust the controls it every single time I get in. When it's cooler outside, I don't need the AC running for no reason and robbing me of a few HP. It seems that the system turns the AC back on every time. Is there a way to have it just remember your last setting before you turn the car off? Isn't that what most cars do?

Peter
05 Carrera S, Black/Black, PCCB
Old 04-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

My car leaves it at the temp. setting that was there when I last turned off the engine/car.

It sounds like there is something wrong when you have to keep adjusting it. Shouldn't be, but could be related to a first year (MY05) thing...
Old 04-22-2008, 05:25 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

I think the climate control settings are programmed to the key with all the other adjustments if you have memory seats. Try reprogramming to whatever you like the system set at.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:00 PM
eljeffo64
Racer

Originally Posted by MLindgren
I think the climate control settings are programmed to the key with all the other adjustments if you have memory seats. Try reprogramming to whatever you like the system set at.
Correct - temp and fan speed and/or auto/eco etc are memorised for each key; If you don't want this you can turn it off, I've no idea what it defaults to if you choose this option though ( a standard default temp or the settings when it was turned off last).
Old 03-12-2010, 09:22 PM
luisimo
Instructor

Default Climate control will not reset!

I reset my key (key #2) to seat, radio and mirrors with out a problem... when I follow the manual instructions... I even programmed the mirror to tilt down when I back down and the radio to be on or off but I can not reset the climate control to either a different temperature or to be on or off.

I deleted the settings and redo the whole process, even lock and unlock the door. Any suggestions of how to disable the climate control?
Old 03-12-2010, 09:55 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

WHen on "main", go to "set", then "indiv memory", then "climate". This supposedly allows you to have the system maintain climate setting memory for each key, or not, and to store specific settings. I chose not to have the memory active.

I certainly can't guarantee this will resolve your problem though. I have my "lock" function set to not lock the doors automatically. But they still lock automatically anyway once I'm moving. With all the quirks I recently had fixed on my PCM functions, I've decided this one isn't worth going crazy about.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:10 AM
luisimo
Instructor

Thanks for the tip, I am going to try it tomorrow

Quick Reply: Climate control system acting strange