Sponsored by:

Window tint

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 11:15 PM
JJB236
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window tint

What type of tint films do you recommend? On all my black cars, I have been using Madico Onyx, which has life-time warranty. Some tint fims have bluish color, dark greenish, etc. Onyx is black or charcoal black. But tint guys said these Onyx films had many complaints from navigation not functioninig properly since they are metallized. Their 2nd recomendation was from Madico which has a very little greenish tone to it and also life time warranty. I have seen lots of black cars with these greenish tint, but the color green is not so apparent and can only be noticed at a certain angle.

Did you tint your cars? If yes, what brands are the best with long warranty? I used to only go with life-time warranty, but since I don't keep my cars more than 6 - 10 years, why spend extra money on life-time?

Tinting experts say that lighter tint is in these days unlike those days in 90's. I would probably choose the medium over the light, though, since it would give me some privacy in the car.

Last edited by JJB236; 04-16-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:11 AM
CBnAT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a metallic tint and I do not have any Nav problems.

The brand is Formula One. It has a lifetime warranty.

http://www.formulaone.com/

Old 04-17-2008, 11:39 AM
vizman
Advanced

Only the best for Porsche, Ceramic tints,..I opted for 30%, keeps my p-car cool.
Attached Images   
Old 04-17-2008, 02:43 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Huper Optik 30 - keeps the heat out and not so dark that driving at night is affected.
http://www.huperoptikusa.com/consumer_auto.cfm
Old 04-17-2008, 02:46 PM
CButler
Instructor

I have Formula One ceramic on my black 997S. 30%, I believe. Looks just right.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Mr. Brown
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JJB236
What type of tint films do you recommend? On all my black cars, I have been using Madico Onyx, which has life-time warranty. Some tint fims have bluish color, dark greenish, etc. Onyx is black or charcoal black. But tint guys said these Onyx films had many complaints from navigation not functioninig properly since they are metallized. Their 2nd recomendation was from Madico which has a very little greenish tone to it and also life time warranty. I have seen lots of black cars with these greenish tint, but the color green is not so apparent and can only be noticed at a certain angle.
Did you tint your cars? If yes, what brands are the best with long warranty? I used to only go with life-time warranty, but since I don't keep my cars more than 6 - 10 years, why spend extra money on life-time?
Tinting experts say that lighter tint is in these days unlike those days in 90's. I would probably choose the medium over the light, though, since it would give me some privacy in the car.
While I love the look of tint, I don't get it because most HPDE's don't like it, especially on the rear window.
Mr. B
Old 04-17-2008, 07:13 PM
JJB236
Racer

I just found out that those cars with some color, either greensih or bluish tone, are actually from the color of the car windows and not the tint itself. I hear Mercedes have bluish factory windows, so applying black, grey, charcoal tint films will bring out its natural color. I just had the charcoal installed, and it brought out the greenish tone from the 997 factory windor color.

I hear that metallic tints can cover up the windows' natural color.

CBnAT,

I dont' know if it's the picture, but is that a little bit of green on your tint on the first picture? How does it look in person? My metallic Onyx film on my 996 had absolutely no green tone at any angle. Btw, nice rims. More I look at those, more I appreciate em. I got the 19 S Wheel. Do they have the 305 tires?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

There is no interference with navigational systems installed in the car (OEM) because the antenna is outside the glass area. It's in the windshield wiper parking area.

Quick Reply: Window tint