Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Dealer Experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 06:33 PM
pred8or
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not purchase from Chris even after getting a fair price from them. My dealer came in pretty close and after they threw in the clear bra it was a slightly better deal. However, Chris has taken it upon himself to answermore questions, do more research reguarding my order and color through this board in a quicker more professional manner than that of my dealer. Pretty impressive if you ask me! Class act and I am sure the next one will be driven home from Ohio! If there is another new one ! LOL

Thanks Chris
Old 05-08-2008, 06:35 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pred8or
I did not purchase from Chris even after getting a fair price from them. My dealer came in pretty close and after they threw in the clear bra it was a slightly better deal. However, Chris has taken it upon himself to answermore questions, do more research reguarding my order and color through this board in a quicker more professional manner than that of my dealer. Pretty impressive if you ask me! Class act and I am sure the next one will be driven home from Ohio! If there is another new one ! LOL

Thanks Chris
I had a similar experience. Had I not found my club coupe, I definitely would have bought from Chris.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:57 PM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two things I find very interesting....

#1 in the US there is much more compeition between dealers. It seems common place to pit dealers against each other and ship cars cross country. In Canada, it just does not seem to be as prevalent. I consumer protection laws trump commerical concerns over territory.

#2 Car dealer salesmanship. I agree with OH977, the level of professional salesmanship at car dealers varies so wildly from totally amateur to sharp as a tack. Are typical incomes for car sales folk so unreliable or low that they cannot attract and retain real pros?

In any case, congratulations on the new ride.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Exclamation

Originally Posted by MikeBat
Two things I find very interesting....

#1 in the US there is much more compeition between dealers. It seems common place to pit dealers against each other and ship cars cross country. In Canada, it just does not seem to be as prevalent. I consumer protection laws trump commerical concerns over territory.

#2 Car dealer salesmanship. I agree with OH977, the level of professional salesmanship at car dealers varies so wildly from totally amateur to sharp as a tack. Are typical incomes for car sales folk so unreliable or low that they cannot attract and retain real pros?

In any case, congratulations on the new ride.

Mike,

Regarding #1; competetion is a GOOD thing. It allows YOU to get a great deal while keeping dealers (some, not all; honest). It also forces 'better' business practices. It's win win. As far as pitting one dealer against another- it goes with the territory. This is business, not personal. And it's one of the main reasons that the US is great. Capitalism at it's best. lol

Regarding #2. Yes, quite simply. The car business as a whole has a bad rep, not just with clients; but you should see how sale's people are treated by the managers/owners. As with every business; it starts at the top. Disrespect, dishonor, deciet returns the favor.

It's truly remarkable to me, how business practices like what I mentioned above are not only, to this day used, but it's believed that these are the RIGHT way to treat employees.

Honor, respect, loyalty is where it's at. And it's what I encounter at my workplace.

All that aside; because I am who I am- a Porsche freak and car enthusiast- I'll (for as long as humanly possible) be on Rennlist and continue to help out my fellow brother and sister Porsche addicts. I can't spread the Gospel of Porsche enough. I love them that much. And I'd say it's for that reason I can say I've been so successful selling cars on Rennlist.

Sadly, most sales people don't believe in what they sell, or whom they work for. And it makes for a terrible environment- all the way around.

And yes, $$ is VERY inconsistant with dealerships. Most want to get every single ounce of energy out of you for pennies on the dollar. It's why so many talented people LEAVE this business. Because there's too many selfish dealer principals/companies out there who view great talent as a revenue stream; as oppossed to an INVESTMENT.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:45 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 678 Likes on 344 Posts

I forgot to mention the hookers that I found in my room after dinner

J/K!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

^^^^You've mentioned that before......I'm thinking that would explain the Misc. Charge on the bill we got!!
Old 05-09-2008, 07:23 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 678 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
^^^^You've mentioned that before......I'm thinking that would explain the Misc. Charge on the bill we got!!
oops

Quick Reply: Great Dealer Experience