Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone tried Blackberry Pearl (or similar) as MP3 player with Dension Gateway 500?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 12:08 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a 3GS iphone and it works perfectly with the BTA1500.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:42 AM
schwartzwest
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by acadian_dad
Hate to be a pest - but any luck trying out the Bold 9700 or the 3G-S with the BTA1500 ?
Sorry- not ignoring your question. Leaving on a 3 week vacation and couldn't test things before I left this evening. Will be setting up my BTA1500 when I return, but I suspect you will have sorted things out by then.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:06 PM
acadian_dad
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem - have a good trip ! I tried a colleague's iPhone 3G and it worked well. I am just a little nervous about springing for a 3GS without knowing for sure that it works. However, ELUSIVE says it works. So I'll probably go that route.

Kind of bummed that my 8310 didn't work tho' - the main reason I bought the Dension was to have an integrated BT solution and turns out my existing Bby is not supported. Should have checked that out first I suppose.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure how far your looking to take this but ever consider posting BB BT VS Iphone challanges to BB Supoort fourm? I'm sure if you bring up fact that iPhone works great it should get some responce...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...42FEEDF0F226CE

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/micro...28A982FD003978
Old 04-15-2010, 02:10 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by acadian_dad
No problem - have a good trip ! I tried a colleague's iPhone 3G and it worked well. I am just a little nervous about springing for a 3GS without knowing for sure that it works. However, ELUSIVE says it works. So I'll probably go that route.

Kind of bummed that my 8310 didn't work tho' - the main reason I bought the Dension was to have an integrated BT solution and turns out my existing Bby is not supported. Should have checked that out first I suppose.
You didn't do your research right then. I was thinking of doing the same, and Dension flat out said Blackberry is NOT supported... hence I am looking at other solutions.

iPhone is supported and 3G and 3GS wouldn't make any difference in terms of bluetooth connectivity.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alexb76
You didn't do your research right then. I was thinking of doing the same, and Dension flat out said Blackberry is NOT supported... hence I am looking at other solutions.
iPhone is supported and 3G and 3GS wouldn't make any difference in terms of bluetooth connectivity.
I understand your point but as a former engineer, technically if all manufactures are adhering to the established BT protocol standards. Then all SHOULD be functional (to some degree).

[Soapbox Mode: On]

It's when manufactures "tweak" the standard,is usually when you encounter these "incompatibilities...

Apple has many "tweaks", especially in 3G protocol (which forced AT&T to make "changes" to accommodate and by proxy created "issues" with BB Bold devices.

My point being, it is highly probably apple took a similar tactic with thier implementation of the BT standard and Dension when the same route as AT7T (but for BT protocol) to accommodate, as apple/Ipod has the greater market share....

it's the old "Beta format vs VHS format debate...it's not a matter of which is better but which has the largest consumer base.....

[Soap Box Mode: Off]
Old 04-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
Do yourself a favor and spring for an iPod. These other devices do not work well with the Dension, though some USB devices will.

You can leave the iPod in the vehicle since you won't need it with you, just place in glove box and that's it.

We have the newest units in stock now, all with the newest updated cable too.
Eric,

As opposed to a $400.00 32Gig Ipod any support issues using a 2.5" External USB Harddrive? I can get a 500Gig for under $150.00

Of couse I would have "playlist but I can "synch" my music share, which is storted/filed by Artist/Ablum/Track. The idea would be to navigate via PCM by "folders".

Thoughts?

Quick Reply: Anyone tried Blackberry Pearl (or similar) as MP3 player with Dension Gateway 500?