05 Carrera Coupe opinion and PPI Cleveland

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 09:12 AM
cqtlee
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Carrera Coupe opinion and PPI Cleveland

Hi there,
I have been looking for a bit now for my first one.
Wanted your opinion on an 05 Carrera Coupe from a porsche dealership near cleveland.
Asking 60k for a 20k miles slate grey metallic, cocoa brown, bi-xenon, heated seats, bose, adaptive sport, nav. CPO till mar 2011

As well, anyone know of an independent PPI person to go to near Cleveland that is not the porsche dealership?

Thanks

Colin
Old 04-06-2008, 01:09 PM
wetstuff
Pro

... I figured when bought my car from Chris in Cleveland; 1) the visual condition of the car would provide a clue 2) the rep of Porsche North Olmstead another.. 3) it's a CPO, so problems are still on Porsche - even tho' I'm 12hrs away from PNO.

Sounds like a beautiful car...
Old 04-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

Steinel's in Twinsberg is a great independent shop.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:22 PM
OH997
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on Steinel's. I think I know the car you are looking at, I saw it on Friday. They will take less then $60K for the car IMO.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:44 PM
linklaw
Advanced

I looked at that car and offered them $58500 for it during the first week in January 2008. They laughed me out of the lot as they were asking $65000 firm for it at the time. I would bet they would take less than my offer now. If I recall, there was a pretty good sized door ding on the driver's side and I thought the front bumper may have been repainted. The bumper looked a shade off and had a funny gap where the hood closes. It's a very pretty color combination though and pretty well loaded up. John
Old 04-07-2008, 12:41 AM
cqtlee
Track Day

Thanks for your advice. I have heard that Kempthorn Motors and Autobahn extremist are 2 other places recommended for PPI. I was not impressed during the test drive after the battery died when I stalled a little. Had to get a booster. He did say before I test drove it that there seemed to be a problem with the battery...however, he knew I was coming a couple of days in advance. Did not give a good impression. It is a nice car though and thought that 57k would be a good price, but only with an independent PPI given the battery event.

John, I am concerned about the bumper being possibly repainted. i did not notice the door ding though. I wonder if it is the same car you saw. It was at 62K a couple of months ago, not 65k if I remember correctly.

The mulling continues
Old 04-07-2008, 07:32 AM
linklaw
Advanced

If its the atlas gray metallic with cocoa interior at Stoddard, I think its the same car. I have been watching it on autotrader because I told them when I left that day that they should take my offer because they would still have the car in March if they didn't. At that point, right after Christmas, they were at $65K. They called me back a couple of days later (after I bought a different car) and offered the car to me for $62K without being certified. They then lowered the price, in late January or early February to $62K with ceritification. It had a little over 20000 miles on it when I looked at it and come to think of it, they had to jump it to get it going before my wife and I drove it. The salesman used a battery pack to jump it. I pointed out the door ding to the salesman and he acted surprised, like he couldn't see it. They probably had it removed by paintless dent removal. Why don't they figure out what is draining the battery? Maybe they're waiting for the new owner to break down and have to have the car towed to the dealership? John
Old 04-07-2008, 08:28 AM
OH997
Pro

It's the same car I looked at briefly last week but the weather was lousy (rainy) so I really couldn't get a good look at the fit or finish. One thing I've noticed is that compared to other Porsche dealers I've worked with they seem difficult to deal with on pricing. If that car sat on the lot for 4 months and they end up selling it in the high 50's (I believe they will take that number) they lost money.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:41 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

ask for Brad, I bought from him and got a good deal, I am very pleased with Stoddard
Old 04-07-2008, 09:26 PM
rol607
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

I looked at and drove the slate gray/cocoa in November of last year. The car is a little tired for only being a 2005. At that time, they were asking $65k and I offered up $60k and they said no way. Wholesale now on that car is low $50's at best according to Manheim prices.

Quick Reply: 05 Carrera Coupe opinion and PPI Cleveland