Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My plan to get a CPO 997

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:21 PM
V.A.G.
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, do not log in when you klick on the link in the first post!!! It does not have the right certificate for Ebay....
Old 03-30-2008, 02:20 PM
ImaReallyCheapGuy
Advanced

Well, thanks to everyone for their thoughtful comments. I think I will go to the dealers first with a request for a '05 CPO with <10k miles and see what comes up. I'm afraid that they will ask on the order of $72k which just isn't gonna work for me.

The ocean between $59K and $72K seems pretty big.

One comment in this thread did trouble me; will they sell cars in the CPO program that have been wrecked? I would think those cars would not qualify for CPO.

BTW, I do everything to my cars that I can do to my cars. I bought a Box S for my wife a while back and it was a cinch to change oil on. Is the 997 in general easy to do basic maintanence like oil changes? I have a lift, BTW.

Oh, and the Volvo has been a lovely car, great seats and dependable as an anvil, well worth the $23.5K for a 1 year old car with 19k miles (at the time)
Old 03-30-2008, 02:23 PM
ImaReallyCheapGuy
Advanced

Originally Posted by V.A.G.
Guys, do not log in when you klick on the link in the first post!!! It does not have the right certificate for Ebay....

What does that mean? A scammer?
Old 03-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

in april 2008, i think a dealer would be hardpressed to list an 05 in the 10k mile range for $72k-- assuming it's not loaded up with pccb's, full leather, aerokit, carbon goodies, etc (i.e., new list price wasn't > $100k). (you're shopping for at least an "S," right?). in my personal experience (far from socal market), despite list prices, p dealers tend to be very reasonable. in fact, my best car-buying experiences (i.e., little or no back-n-forth annoying haggling) has been in p dealers. that all being said, i believe a fair after-negotiated price for an 05 S with <10k miles should bring you in mid $60k's (maybe up to high $60ks depending on options). if you're looking for a non-S, low $60k's, perhaps even your $59k price. in sum, i don't think p dealers are as adversarial as other dealers. remember, as with any luxury item, p dealers are looking for repeat, loyal customers-- so they don't want to engender bad faith from the beginning and may even give a great discount with the first purchase if they think you'll be back next year (as with many p owners). good luck.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:52 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ImaReallyCheapGuy
What does that mean? A scammer?
I think its just that this auction has ended. The link worked for me this morning but that auction already was over (ended early, maybe).
Old 03-30-2008, 02:59 PM
ImaReallyCheapGuy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nine9Sixer
in april 2008, i think a dealer would be hardpressed to list an 05 in the 10k mile range for $72k-- assuming it's not loaded up with pccb's, full leather, aerokit, carbon goodies, etc (i.e., new list price wasn't > $100k). (you're shopping for at least an "S," right?). in my personal experience (far from socal market), despite list prices, p dealers tend to be very reasonable. in fact, my best car-buying experiences (i.e., little or no back-n-forth annoying haggling) has been in p dealers. that all being said, i believe a fair after-negotiated price for an 05 S with <10k miles should bring you in mid $60k's (maybe up to high $60ks depending on options). if you're looking for a non-S, low $60k's, perhaps even your $59k price. in sum, i don't think p dealers are as adversarial as other dealers. remember, as with any luxury item, p dealers are looking for repeat, loyal customers-- so they don't want to engender bad faith from the beginning and may even give a great discount with the first purchase if they think you'll be back next year (as with many p owners). good luck.

Thank you for the helpful comments. I'm actually looking for a non-S, low optioned car. This is for my wife and her only requirements that are inviolate are a manual 6-speed and a GPS. She doesn't care about full leather, etc, so to keep cost down, I'm looking for a low optioned car.

I appreciate your suggestion of the proper approach; I don't want to come off as an @sshole and areallycheapguy....even if I am!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

imho, then, be very upfront the dealer and i'll think you'll be pleasantly surprised. i do think it should be relatively easy to find the car you're looking for at or very close to your $59k mark (assuming you can find a lightly-optioned car with nav).
Old 03-30-2008, 09:28 PM
OH997
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a dealer in Ohio that has a couple of nice non S cars that have asking prices around $60K. Could easily get these in the upper 50s.

Quick Reply: My plan to get a CPO 997