Sponsored by:

ezcar lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 03:59 AM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ezcar lift

hello, i am trying to get a group buy on this lift for 1625.00 delivered to your door. before you consider the price look at the lift and its benifit. i know there are other lifts out there but this lift has the mobility that other can not even come close to. please see this web link from an owner and his persone reviews. http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7aq8e/continued/id25.html

the web site for the lift is ezcarlift.com he has some videos of the lift but not as detail an the above listed owner reviews.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:12 AM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi,

I paid about that price (+/- $50) for the Bend-Pak scissor lift, which is not as mobile but is much better built than the EZ CarLift. The Bend-Pak can be rolled around prior to pulling a car in over it, and also rises to 48", not just 26".

Of course your needs may be highly specific, but anyone considering a lift should PM me or search my previous posts to see the Bend Pak in my garage. Without question the best 'mod' I ever bought for my P-Car.

I'm not even joking. My $0.02

-Mike
Old 03-26-2008, 08:39 AM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.gregsmithequipment.com look up mid rise lifts.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:48 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dutchcrunch
hello, i am trying to get a group buy on this lift for 1625.00 delivered to your door.
Group buy?

Good luck!

You'd be lucky to find one other person who might be interested, let alone the ten or so you'd need to get a discount on a group buy purchase.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:54 AM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default group purchase.

Hello Ben, i need three people to get this price. I am trying to have people look at it, even if you do not buy. at least just look, its free
Old 03-26-2008, 11:06 AM
OCBen
Banned

Is there a vid showing operation?

You might want to post in all the other technical forums here, if you haven't already, to increase your chances of finding two others.

Good luck.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:24 AM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default lift website

Hello Ben, here is the website, it has several short vidoes. have a look. the designer will send a DVD upon request. let me know if any other is needed.

almost forgot. http://www.ezcarlift.com/
Old 03-26-2008, 11:27 AM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default group

Ben, i have one other than is very interested and going to buy. even if you not intersted, just look at it. i enjoy mechanical things and this unit is very different you have to give the unit credit for what it does and how portable it is. can almost take anywhere.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:35 PM
OCBen
Banned

I've always been interested in getting a small lift like that. Not sure if that's the best one out there. I'm puzzled why they don't have a full length video showing full lift rise from the stowed position. The video does show a power drill being used to jack it up but it stops short of full deployment. Maybe it takes like forever to get it fully up, and they don't want to discourage potential buyers if they see that it takes some time, and some wear and tear on your power drill.

I'd like to see independent reviews of this lift and hear testimonials from those who've owned it for years to see how well it's designed and put together. The lift mechanism is obviously (to me anyway) a power screw arrangement with a very shallow pitch angle on the threads, which not only allows self-locking but low torque input for use with a power drill to turn it. That's why it takes thousands of revolutions of the drill to get it to full extension. My concern would be the life of the bearings that are taking the full support load with that many revolutions. (Of course I'd have to see the internal design to determine the load path.) All anti-friction bearings (ball, roller, etc. not journals) have a finite life, and I'm just wondering how many lift cycles those bearings are good for, for the intended lift load.

Those are questions I would be asking. And they can just as easily be answered with testimonials from happy or unhappy customers who have used the lift for years.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:06 PM
dndodd
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ibmiked
Hi,

I paid about that price (+/- $50) for the Bend-Pak scissor lift, which is not as mobile but is much better built than the EZ CarLift. The Bend-Pak can be rolled around prior to pulling a car in over it, and also rises to 48", not just 26".

Of course your needs may be highly specific, but anyone considering a lift should PM me or search my previous posts to see the Bend Pak in my garage. Without question the best 'mod' I ever bought for my P-Car.

I'm not even joking. My $0.02

-Mike
I agree 100% as I have the same lift. 26" wouldn't do it for me. With the Bend-pak I can sit on a rolling stool and do whatever I need to under the car.

Makes waxing the car a breeze too.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:54 PM
GelbGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,

Which model Bend Pak lift do you have?

Chas
Old 04-17-2009, 12:26 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

Get the Bend Pak! Its very well built and you will wish you had bought it sooner.