New Porsche dealership very low key

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Default New Porsche dealership very low key

A new Porsche dealership has been under construction (Veeeery slowly) here in Annapolis, MD. I stopped by yesterday to see how the progress was coming and the sign out front says "opening March 2008". Final stages of interior finishing and they will be ready for move in. Doubt it will be completed this month but maybe 30 days off.

Strange thing is there is no mention of this dealership on Porsche's web site or any other web search. You would think the owners would be building up some marketing momentum. I may have missed their mailer to Porsche owners since my car is registered in Florida.

Anyone familiar with this dealership? Johnson Porsche

I am hoping they will be giving 20% off MSRP for their first new car sales.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:46 AM
wetstuff
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet.. It's a PITA for me to go all the way to Wilmington, Balto, D.C. (no way I drive near there..) or Norfolk. What part of town?

20-off is like wishing for topless service writers..
Old 03-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dealership is visable from RT50, south side next to the huge Harley dealership. Exit on West St south, cross Rt and turn left on Hudson Street. Located between the National Guard and the Harley dealership. Very skinny long lot so the building is high and skinny with a car elevator.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:05 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yea - been watching it for a while....

Luv my salesperson at Rockville Porsche - but after taking the Club Coupe to Pioneer Porsche in Mirmar - I really see how much the Rockville Porsche maintence side suffers...

The Audi Rockville side is rocking - but perhaps they have more business thus more support?

Can't wait to see the Porsches in the clear windows in Annapolis off of the 50...
Old 03-24-2008, 02:50 PM
wetstuff
Pro

........OK - next to Fitzgerald VW. Easy to get to.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

John,

I tried the trip to Rockville Audi to test a S4 wagon. The traffic was such a mess I turned around, headed back to Annapolis and bought a 535 wagon.

I hope this dealership in Annapolis has good service people. I have been taking my street Porsches to Towson Valley since 1985 and they have been consistently lousy.

Last edited by Dbltime; 03-24-2008 at 03:01 PM. Reason: brain is slower than fingers
Old 03-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Filled with loathing for Len Stoler and their incompetent service ***** right now myself. Was tempted to try Silver Spring or Rockville because of proximity to my new job in Olney, any thoughts?
Old 03-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Vitamin_J
Rennlist Member

It seems to be taking forever. I pass this everday in hopes that a grand opening sign will spring up...
Old 03-24-2008, 05:37 PM
gweedo911
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaspasser19
Filled with loathing for Len Stoler and their incompetent service ***** right now myself. Was tempted to try Silver Spring or Rockville because of proximity to my new job in Olney, any thoughts?
I've used Tischer several times for service. Some techs are good others are a disaster. I heard any horror stories from Rockville Porsche but I've never used them. Anyway, I'm sticking w/ an independent tech for all non-warranty issues. If you are close to Olney, TAG motorwerks off route 124 in Gaithersburg, is a good shop.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:44 PM
Vitamin_J
Rennlist Member

I have had pretty descent success with Winner Porsche in DE. But the trek out there makes my skin crawl to have minor issues fixed.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:08 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

There is a very good independent shop in Annapolis, Tif's. Tif's is off West St. 1 block from the new dealership. I used Tif's for years with very good results but after I started racing all the cars went to DeMans or GT Performance. Now that I am down to my daily beater 997 base car I prefer taking it to the dealer for service.

I know if I were building a new Porsche dealership I would have local newspaper ads, web site updates..., something to get the momentum moving. This place looks a little depressing. Maybe a mention on Porsche's site for people shopping in this zip code. Very suspicious.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Something fishy here. The new dealership is s-l-o-w-l-y being completed. Move in a desk. Two days later a chair...

No Porsche logo on the building or markings of any kind. Porsche web site has no mention of a Annapolis dealership "coming soon". Johnson who is the Carolina car multi line dealer that decided to do this has no mention I can find. Wuz up?

I have been waiting to buy a new 997 from my local dealer but got impatient and took delivery. Now the miles are piling up on the new car and my local dealer is still non existant.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:41 AM
EJC997S
Track Day

Not a good sign...usually they can't wait to sell more cars. Maybe the economic downturn has slowed down progress.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:35 AM
wetstuff
Pro

Hell, there's never been an economic downturn in Annapolis. I lived there when Blacks were run out - check that: priced out - of downtown and crappy little places over in Eastport became nice homes for sailboat racing Docs and DC lawyers. ...besides, the World's most lucrative contracts are handed out like candy only about 30mi W. in DC.

If the downturn has slowed this startup, then perhaps they're also Hummer dealers somewhere ..like Columbus, Ohio.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

How about if we get a group of listers and do a group buy of the dealership. Then we can sell each other cars at cost and charge the sailboat racing lawyers from DC big bucks!!! What a Country!

Quick Reply: New Porsche dealership very low key