Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many leave Porsche Sport Exhaust on most of the time?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 08:15 AM
Frino
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

24/7/365

Never intrusive, always integral to the experience.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:35 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi guys,

New 997S owner here. I have had the car for a week and love it. The car is equipped with the PSE (XLF option code). I love the sound but do see the advantage of an on / off switch independently of the sport function. I did my searches and found hundreds of posts of people throwing a switch in the car to independently control the PSE function. Rolf Stumberger seemed to have the most experience on the topic. It seems simple although I could not find a whole detailed description of the process, I got it all piece meal. Is there a right up of the instructions of how to do it from start to finish with reccomendations (particularly on where to pass the wire)? I was unable to find the whole thing. This way I can take it to a mechanic to have it done.

Also, some guys mentioned that their local dealer did it for about $500. Any dealer or mechanic in Chicagoland that has done this for you guys and would be able to do this for me?

Thanks.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:51 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got off the phone with my local dealer (Napleton Porsche) who said that they a ton for 996 owners but do not know of a way to do it on the 997 that works properly. He said he can go via the DME and leave it on all the time or as is now. If I have instructions on how to do it he would like to see how it is done as they have gotten a good amount of interest from other area owners.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:23 PM
997C2SCabMan
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I had my S, I had it on all the time. Did get tired of turning it on with every start though.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:13 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Always on.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by agdamis
Hi guys,

New 997S owner here. I have had the car for a week and love it. The car is equipped with the PSE (XLF option code). I love the sound but do see the advantage of an on / off switch independently of the sport function. I did my searches and found hundreds of posts of people throwing a switch in the car to independently control the PSE function. Rolf Stumberger seemed to have the most experience on the topic. It seems simple although I could not find a whole detailed description of the process, I got it all piece meal. Is there a right up of the instructions of how to do it from start to finish with reccomendations (particularly on where to pass the wire)? I was unable to find the whole thing. This way I can take it to a mechanic to have it done.

Also, some guys mentioned that their local dealer did it for about $500. Any dealer or mechanic in Chicagoland that has done this for you guys and would be able to do this for me?

Thanks.
What we refer to is enabling the "SPORT" button, but then hit the shocks button so the PASM suspension stays normal. Now, the throttle responce is quicker and you'll hear the exhaust open up a bit at idle. But once at higher revs, it really sounds like a Porsche should sound like.

We do not have any "special" button unless one installs it after factory and then can choose to have it wired or not wired.

Some have pulled the orange plugmold off to keep it on. Others install a black/white diaphram to also enable it.

Just hit the Sport switch, hit the PASM switch so PASM is set back to normal and enjoy.

Deanski
Old 03-25-2008, 02:00 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Dave
Always on. The orange plug is pulled.
+1
Old 03-28-2008, 11:10 AM
AndreCT
Racer

What Sport button? LOL.. On from the moment I start her up.. and like Deanski says I revert back to normal on the shocks.. I will turn sport off when I come home at night and it is late .. otherwise ON ON ON

Quick Reply: How many leave Porsche Sport Exhaust on most of the time?