Sponsored by:

My Revo Experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 05:50 PM
unclejosh
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default My Revo Experience

I bought Revo flash after trying 5-hour demo. Dave B. from Arlan Motorsports came to my work and uploaded the software by OBD port.

My Revo experience mirrors some of the other comments re. other flashes, but with the added advantage of switchable adjustability via OBD 2 port:

1) Increased mid-range torque, and improved responsiveness throughout powerband
2) Engine takes on a throatier and more agressive timbre
3) Ability to change throttle sensitivity to a more linear delivery - I changed mine so that it is less agressive and herky-jerky......I never liked the chronosport remap...
4) Ability to tweak engine timing within limits, to take advantage of race gas
5) Custom programmable for different grades of gas
6) Has data logging for different conditions, if you are so inclined.

I also would like to note that Revo HP claims are conservative @10-15 HP, which seems about right.

Overall, significant drivability improvement experienced for Revo supplied 91 and 93 octane maps, as well as my two tweaked 91 and 93 octane maps that have less throttle sensitivity....
Old 03-17-2008, 06:23 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

So all this switchability and adjustability that Revo offers you..... can it done by the owner after the download, or does it require a "Dave B. type" to make the changes for you??

Sounds interesting!!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:36 PM
unclejosh
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Switchable Revo via laptop and switch unit

Switchable by owner.

Revo guy uploads mother software into ECU, then you can tweek and customize maps within this software, within Revo constraints. There are constraints so you don't inadvertantly damage motor.......

The owner tweaks are done on Revo supplied software on your own lap-top, which then you hook up to car OBD port via USB cable and switch unit.

Valet, antitheft, and stock modes are preprogrammed into switch which has a chip and some flash memory innit
Old 03-18-2008, 12:34 PM
George@Revo Technik
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
So all this switchability and adjustability that Revo offers you..... can it done by the owner after the download, or does it require a "Dave B. type" to make the changes for you??

Sounds interesting!!
The adjustability is inherent in the software and can be accessed by both the dealer and the end user. This is a feature unique to Revo Technik that ensures the car is performing at optimal levels and that the programming is neither too conservative or too aggressive. Additionally, the adjustabilty permits the software to be adapted for any number of variables. Weather it's temperature, fuel or mechanical upgrades, the software can quickly and easily be re-calibrated to meet the performance capabilities of the car and the specific variables that one wants to compensate for. The end-user can do this as well with our Select-Plus switching device. The Select-Plus also features a unique data-acquisition tool. With it, one can monitor their vehicles performance parameters, then adjust the corresponding parameters in the software. Below are several screenshots from the Select-Plus software utility.

Software adjustment Screen:

Example of 'Boost' data exported to graph form:

Data-acquisition screen:

The Select-Plus also features 3 user programmable modes. With these, you can create and store 3 unique 'profiles' and simply switch between them when the need arises. In addition, the Select-Plus permits the user to switch back to stock and includes a supplemental anti-theft program.

All of this means that your software is uniquely matched to your vehicles performance abilities, not the other way around.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 472 Likes on 239 Posts

Wow George - things have changed since the Revo I had in my 2001 Audi TT with the SPS3 switch device - which I loved BTW.
I didn't realize that Revo made 'house calls' such as josh described....pretty cool.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:26 AM
George@Revo Technik
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Wow George - things have changed since the Revo I had in my 2001 Audi TT with the SPS3 switch device - which I loved BTW.
I didn't realize that Revo made 'house calls' such as josh described....pretty cool.
Overall things really haven't changed much with regards to the VAG tuning. We've definitely increased the features and functionality of the SPS switches however. As for the 'house call', that is not an installation scenario we would typically condone or promote but we'll make an exception for Dave...
Old 03-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 472 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by George@Revo Technik
Overall things really haven't changed much with regards to the VAG tuning. We've definitely increased the features and functionality of the SPS switches however. As for the 'house call', that is not an installation scenario we would typically condone or promote but we'll make an exception for Dave...

Quick Reply: My Revo Experience