Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauge rings should I give up hope?...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Psymon
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No need to tape off and no need to cut. Don't know how to explain in words but here's the video showing how it's like when peeling the plastic-dip when it's dried.

Originally Posted by Philster
Psymon...

Curious... because I really like the results... but can you just tape-mask areas as you would for paint with Plastidip?

I thought that if you taped off an area and did the Plastidip spray that pulling the tape up would also pull the thin vinyl layer you just created ??? Is this a case where you tape mask, spray, then before pulling the tape you run along the edge with a razor or hobby knife?

Plastdip should outlive the car's interior in an application like the one shown on the gauges.

Last edited by Psymon; 10-07-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:45 PM
chriswit1
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Psymon
Just plastic-dip it...... It's pretty easy to do.... https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-0o-gauge.html I did it 2 years ago and it's still holding up very well!
That looks awesome!!!
Old 10-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Philster
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Psymon
No need to tape off and no need to cut. Don't know how to explain in words but here's the video showing how it's like when peeling the plastic-dip when it's dried.

Yep... I've used Plastidip just as shown, but usually peeling it off very disimilar materials, leaving it stuck to what I want.

I gotta tell you, I though for sure, without seeing it, that it'd pull off the glass/plexiglass and would just not break at the seam (for lack of better words) and pull the rest off.

That's good to see and know. Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Gauge rings should I give up hope?...