Sponsored by:

zaino, rejex or other for a black car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cope
I agree with that 100%. I always use P21S on silver.
Interesting to see the new P21S (100% carnauba) version. P21S w/o the beeswax may or maynot loose the POP effect it has on silver metallics.

Zymol vintage make it look very wet and it also make the flake "shimmer". It should for the price of vintage! IMO, P21S looks damn close and a hell of alot cheaper!

Deanski
Old 02-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Cope
I concur with that too. I use Z-10 on my wife's SUV, but the Sonus on the Porsche for the same reasons you mentioned.
Odd isn't it? Sonus just makes it smell like you took delivery.

Z-10 I use for other vehicles that need a leather smell which I find matches almost dead-on to Lexus leathers.

Deanski
Old 02-14-2008, 11:01 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

I used Zaino AIO on my Ocean Blue '97 993 C2S the day this pic was taken. Great result in less than an hour with this "all in one" product.
Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Cope
Advanced

Originally Posted by Deanski
Interesting to see the new P21S (100% carnauba) version. P21S w/o the beeswax may or maynot loose the POP effect it has on silver metallics.
I have no idea about that as I still have a container or two of the old version left, which I bought several years ago. I'm bad about finding something I like and then buying a surplus. Sometimes it pays off, like now when I still have about 4 cans of Meguiars 16 laying around even though they don't make it anymore. It is definitely the longest lasting carnauba I've ever used, I love it on my truck which is a DD.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:31 PM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by adfsouth
Rejex on the wheels and Zaino on the car....
I agree 100%
Old 02-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

How could any wax be 100% carnauba? It'd be hard as a rock. All waxes have additives to make them usable. Not an argument for/against any one of them, but P21S 100%? Nah.

I was a P21S wizard for years before switching to Rejex on new cars. And if a guy like Deanski lived near me, I'd own no wax products at all. I'd call him up, open my wallet, and knock back a few with him while he perfectly detailed my rides!

But hey, I do enjoy detailing my own cars. I just happen to like the way Rejex works on mine versus how previous wax products worked. No biggie either way. Use what works for you. Try a few, then decide.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 02-14-2008, 11:52 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
How could any wax be 100% carnauba? It'd be hard as a rock. All waxes have additives to make them usable. Not an argument for/against any one of them, but P21S 100%? Nah.
Apparently the guys at P21S didn't get the message:

http://www.p21s.com/products/bis_100cw.html
Old 02-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy

I was a P21S wizard for years before switching to Rejex on new cars. And if a guy like Deanski lived near me, I'd own no wax products at all. I'd call him up, open my wallet, and knock back a few with him while he perfectly detailed my rides!

But hey, I do enjoy detailing my own cars. I just happen to like the way Rejex works on mine versus how previous wax products worked. No biggie either way. Use what works for you. Try a few, then decide.
100% carnauba in it's formula as opposed to beeswax/carnauba as before.

You must have missed my post with the info on exactly that issue.

Deanski
Old 02-15-2008, 11:27 AM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

deanski

can i use maguiars leather wipes sfely on cls63 amg leather?

or should i use somehting else?
Old 02-15-2008, 11:31 AM
ozcav
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tinluver
I have a new car GT silver.Have not hit it up with a detail yet.I would like to try Zaino.As they have alot of products.Can someone tell me the best of their products to use while using the fewest as I do not want a complicated all day recipe.Is there one basic polish that is suggested from them?
Thanks
Yes, just use ZAIO followed by the clear seal. You are done.

Pre wax prep step options, easiest first:

1) Wash with Dawn.
2) Wash with Dawn, clay the car, then wash with Zaino's soap.
3) Wash with Dawn, clay, wash with Zaino's soap, then use a polish (I use non Zaino products here) with a porter cable random orbital until you are happy that all the swirls are gone. This step isn't too important on a new car.

If you want to start adding to the waxing process, add a coat of Z5 after the AIO. Beyond that Zaino's older instructions on its website can be followed.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:34 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanski
100% carnauba in it's formula as opposed to beeswax/carnauba as before.

You must have missed my post with the info on exactly that issue.

Deanski
Dean,

I was thiniking exactly the same thing. I read this as meaning that 100% of the WAX in the produce is carnauba. The additives are blended in to make it soft and workable. If the additives are 20% of the total (just guessing), then 80% of the total product would be carnauba wax.

Last edited by gota911; 02-15-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:10 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I used the new P21 on my red car this past Sunday. I couldn't tell the different between the new and the old P21.

Last edited by THPorsche; 02-15-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:31 PM
c2cal
AutoX

Originally Posted by rfedele
I too am no pro, but I think by using Zymol CLEANER wax you may have removed some/all of the Zaino. Just carnuba wax would be OK, but a cleaner wax is designed as a one step wax and POLISH.
Thanks. Just to clarify, I did not combine the two - I used Zymol at a different time (prior).
Old 02-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by robbonds
deanski

can i use maguiars leather wipes sfely on cls63 amg leather?

or should i use somehting else?
Although there are superior products for leather, I see no harm in using Meguiars wipes. Meguiars knows that cars today all have some coating in the leather (just like a clearcoat) to protect leathers from stains etc. Therefore, these wipes are no problem.

In fact, it contains enough product so you do not over saturate the leather, you just want a thin amount seeing the leather is coated and it will eventually absorb some of it.

That's the biggest mistake most people do when treating leather, they will over saturate it, or use the wrong products.

A simple way to clean leather and cheap too: Mix 6 parts distilled water to one part Woolite. Use a fine spray and apply. Rub/clean with a brush (no nylon) so not to scratch the leather and use white cotton towels to gauge the amount of dirt. You can lightly rinse it off with distilled water, but see no need. Dry really well. Wait for 24hrs before treating so all the moisture is mostly gone, then apply your conditioner of choice, but lightly do not soak the leather with it. Buff it off again with a white cotton towel. Let that sit a few hours before sitting in the leather and you're done.

Most leather cleaners are nothing more than just a soap/wather mix with coloring and fragrance.

If it's very dirty, or ground in, up the amount of Woolite and work it a bit longer and wipe off/re-apply more often to get all the dirt out.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 02-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by THPorsche
I used the new P21 on my red car this past Sunday. I couldn't tell the different between the new and the old P21.

Didn't think so as it's very hard to tell most waxes side-by-side. You may end up with more beading of water or tighter beads from the added carnauba. It may also last longer than std P21S.

Deanski

Quick Reply: zaino, rejex or other for a black car?