Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is the porsche configurator always down?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Le Chef
I even co-signed a note to PCNA and the response back was that they didn't think the changes were worth implementing. That's what I call lazy.

ding ding ding...and the answer is:

Because we all keep buying these cars and they know it won't matter a damn bit if they spend a few on the configurator, which I agree is crap. Been crap, is still crap, and will be crap. They don't really care.

If they cared, they'd post the full order guide online for anyone to grab and go through with full detailed shots of every option available. Yeah, it would take a few bucks and a lot of hours, but they'd sell far more than they do now on those exclusive options.

Bottom line is, as long as we keep buying, they'll keep making the cars and won't go the extra mile on the online stuff.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 02-12-2008, 04:24 AM
Aegagrus
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The trouble some of you guys are experiencing is what we in the business call "user error!" I use the Configurator almost daily on different computers as I look forward to the delivery of my C2S in March, and it's rare that I find it down for maintenance or run into a problem using the 3D version. I think it's better than a lot of the other ones I've seen out there. The thing my computers have in common is that they have fast processors and at least 1 gig of memory ... and that I built them. Maybe you need to upgrade? Reinstalling the Shockwave plugin might help some in some cases.

As to order guides, you can get them here: http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...oads&showcat=1

P.S. Hope everyone here has a sense of humor...
Old 02-12-2008, 04:42 AM
StickShift964
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

your humor makes no sense.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Harvey in FL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Want to see what Porsche should do for a great configurator. Try this one

http://granturismo.maserati.com

----------------------

Harvey in MD

Quick Reply: Why is the porsche configurator always down?