Sponsored by:

Nearing Production - My Order Finalized

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 05:44 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Haku -

I gotta say, even with the increased exposure to rock chips (albeit minimized with clear bra covering), your photoshop rendering has convinced me that I like the painted rockers. I really like the thicken and lowered look.*

* I lowered my 993 and loved it, however with the 997 being a year round driver I won't be able to do that. But, the painted rockers seem to give the elusion of a lowered stance to me, which is a good compromise, IMO.

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by InTheAir
Haku -

I gotta say, even with the increased exposure to rock chips (albeit minimized with clear bra covering), your photoshop rendering has convinced me that I like the painted rockers. I really like the thicken and lowered look.*

* I lowered my 993 and loved it, however with the 997 being a year round driver I won't be able to do that. But, the painted rockers seem to give the elusion of a lowered stance to me, which is a good compromise, IMO.

Thanks.
It does make the car look lower, I think you may have convinced me as well
Old 02-07-2008, 10:40 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Another convert.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:21 PM
MartyB
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff,

I'm pretty sure you'll never regret the change of wheels. Me . . . I'll never dislike the Sport Designs I ordered, but I will probably wonder if I would have liked the Carrera Sports better.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:30 PM
zizu
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With all this leather, I'd be scared the car does "Moooooo!" instead of "Vrrrrooom!"...

Last edited by zizu; 02-11-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:37 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by zizu
With all this leather, I'd be scared the car does "Moooooo!" instead of "Vrrrrooom!"...
I was thinking the new license plate would read:

KILLZKOWZ

Old 02-11-2008, 08:58 PM
b911s
Intermediate

I'm going to order the B&M Sport Shifter from Eric and do this one myself.
Good idea, I wonder who else is doing this too? LOL Also going to have Eric Paint my PCM black that will tie into my painted black air slats. When you order your shifter from him have him throw in a set of clear side markers, I got mine there last time.

Bruce

Last edited by b911s; 02-11-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:44 PM
zizu
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

InTheAir I was thinking the new license plate would read:

KILLZKOWZ
LOL! That would be funny!
Old 02-11-2008, 09:52 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by b911s
When you order your shifter from him have him throw in a set of clear side markers, I got mine there last time.

Bruce
Great idea, Bruce. Although my dealer already agreed to provide me with a set of clear markers installed at delivery. That way I never even have to ~see~ my car with those oranges.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:18 PM
pred8or
Racer

Jeff, The rims are a very nice change IMO. The carrera sport were my first must have item after CB. Although the classics were my second choice. Trying not to think about my order any more. Gonna stick with the PSE and even SSK. I figured the SSK aftermarket would cost a few hundred , then a few hundred worth of my time, but the aggravation may have been priceless . Our doors will be closed soon I think you got one more change in ya?
Tim,
Old 02-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Finally, you saw the light on the Carrera Sports. (1/2 inch wider front and rear). Also,--you moved to black leather. Keep in mind that the black is painted on. It's not vat dyed thoroughly. Consider the natural grey. It's so dark it looks like black, but will wear significantly better.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:42 PM
pred8or
Racer

Dan do you mean the stone grey? How do you know which colors are not vat dyed? I would assume Sea Blue is not Vat dyed? Having said that I have a 2004 CS with 87k miles in the drivers seat on standard black leather and that seat has held up amazingly well. I like your idea of grey for Jeff's interior to match those new wheels. Lets see if we can get him to change .

thanks tim
Old 02-11-2008, 10:54 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

First, Tim, you're evil. There, I said it. I feel cleansed.

Dan, ... you too.

Tim, the Premium leathers (Natural Brown, Natural Grey, Terracota (?)) are the leathers that are vat dyed, rather than the standard leathers (black, blue, stone grey, beige) that are "painted".
Old 02-11-2008, 10:57 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Finally, you saw the light on the Carrera Sports. (1/2 inch wider front and rear). Also,--you moved to black leather. Keep in mind that the black is painted on. It's not vat dyed thoroughly. Consider the natural grey. It's so dark it looks like black, but will wear significantly better.
I had the Sports on the list for a while, but was concerned with the blue hue of the Sports on a Ruby Red car. However, Chris sent me pictures of the Sports on a RR Cayman today and they looked great. I decided to pull the trigger.

I plan to travel down to Cleveland in a couple days, so I'll have a chance to check out samples of the Natural Grey. That might be the final change before the window shuts.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I had the Sports on the list for a while, but was concerned with the blue hue of the Sports on a Ruby Red car. However, Chris sent me pictures of the Sports on a RR Cayman today and they looked great. I decided to pull the trigger.

I plan to travel down to Cleveland in a couple days, so I'll have a chance to check out samples of the Natural Grey. That might be the final change before the window shuts.
I know in the grand scheme of things that's minor but the natural leathers are outstanding. At first I was a bit concerned about their ability to hold up but found my natural brown to be fairly tough. Saw a beautiful example of natural brown again (after dropping off mine) in a 2008 turbo cab with the ASSeats and leather backs like mine. All in all a nice look. Exterior was that olive green metallic,--with a brown roof. Very tempting!

Quick Reply: Nearing Production - My Order Finalized