Sponsored by:

Configurator Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 01:25 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Configurator Problems?

I've been have problems with the configurator on/off for the last week or so. I've tried it on three different computers and two different connections with sporadic success. I can sometimes get to the 2D or 3D version, but when I try to load a previous build or start new, eventually it gives me a message that the configurator is currently being updated. I believed it at first, but it has happened so many times, I think there may be another issue.

While other times, I can get through.

Anyone else experiencing difficulties like this?
Old 02-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Coweta
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here for longer than two weeks. It is only on the C2, C2S works.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:00 PM
pred8or
Racer

In The Air How many times are you going to build your car? LOL just kidding. Yes I have experienced the same problems. Do you have a cut off date as to when you can make your last changes?
Old 02-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Hauser_III
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been having the same issue. I love it when I get the error box in German; I have no idea what it's saying.

My dealer said that they received a notification that orders had to be finalized by February 5. Of course, they may just be saying that because I've changed my order so many times.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:22 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by pred8or
In The Air How many times are you going to build your car? LOL just kidding.
Just once. But I'll configure it until time runs out. (I was going to tease doctorpcar in this response, but I don't think it will be as funny on this board as it is in my head. Oh heck:

doctorpcar's forum searches < InTheAir's configurations < doctorpcar's new threads

(just joking))

My cutoff is the end of this month. My order is technically in, however I think I might change my interior color from Natural Brown to either Black or Natural Grey. After much thought, I don't think NB will withstand the year round driving very well (read: snow, dirt, etc.) and I think I'd like to go a bit sportier rather than elegant.

And, heck, why not play with the configurator...it's just work time.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:25 PM
pred8or
Racer

I was told we had to wrap up soon but no specific date. March build May delivery.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:28 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

That just makes me even more want to get my most recent build (which I saved) downloaded from the configurator and forwarded to the dealer to update my order. The one that is in there is vastly different than my flavor of the day.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:56 PM
jjl
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

When i use the 3-D configurator on my laptop, the screen with the car always blacks out completely unless i keep the 'hand' on the car and keep it rotating. Anyone else experience this, and know a fix? it's annoying.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:06 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

jjl

That sounds like you might need to update your Shockwave/Flash Player in your browser. Although, perhaps, it could be a video driver problem on your laptop.

Quick Reply: Configurator Problems?