Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Alignment for street use

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008 | 10:20 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Default Sport Alignment for street use

Gents - My '08 C2S is a daily driver and I am loving it. Curious...while the car no doubt handles amazing now, I've read on some miscellaneous posts that some guys have gone to the dealership and had a sport alignment done on their cars. I assume this means more aggressive F and R camber, etc., but for daily street use, even if I am an aggressive driver, can the positive effects of this type alignment even be noticed? if so, any experienced input on how quickly my tires will get eaten up? I want the max performance from the car, and I guess I can abosrd more $ on tires if it means the daily drive is that much more enjoyable.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cole
Old 01-27-2008 | 10:44 PM
mdrums
Race Director

I have the max camber I can get on the front which is -1.05 and the rear is set at -1.6. I had a lot of the toe taken out to help with tire wear and turn in. I track my car and can feel the difference wit this set up. I also drive on the street and can tell you the car still feels very good but you need to pay more attention to the steering as it;s a little more jittery.

If you do not track your car even if you drive aggressively on the street you will never feel the difference of an alignment like this. If I only drove on the street I would take my car to a high performance Porsche independent shop and have them align the car to the max camber from and rear and min toe all with in Porsche specs. You will get the best tire wear this way.

Quick Reply: Sport Alignment for street use