Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone recall which issue of Excellence compared the C2 vs. C2S?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 12:50 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frino
The write-up stated that the base Carrera is more free revving at higher rpms
BUT - the X-51 engine package on the Carrera S takes care of this issue - in fact the X-51 engine is supposed to be "Da Bomb" of engines (a quote someone on this board once wrote).

I hope it's won't destruct as a "bomb" - but having driven many 3.6 and a few 3.8 H-6 Porsche engines - my 3.8 with X-51 is "music to me ears" and I love her to death!!!

Old 02-07-2008, 03:46 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Pete, I know choices are limited with press cars...but if you can ever get hold of a base 997 with just PCCBs and the new sport buckets, I'm sure many of us would find an on-track comparison to a similarly priced no-option 997S interesting...

Ha ha.... base 997 with PCCBs only?

Sounds like a great car, and one PCNA press department would NEVER order. I suspect few customers would, either. In fact, I'm betting the only one of the only ones of those ever made was made for the GB press fleet. Harris said it was a brilliant car, so brilliant it made him sell his brand-new 997S...

Believe me, when we start talking about what would be possible in terms of track or road tests, my head spins. What is plausible, however, is more limited than most think. Still, every now and then the planets align....

Thinking about my post last night, I realized I forgot something about the debate: much as I'd like to say I'm *only* about the drive, I do care about looks and the S, with its lowered height and 19s, does look better to me than the base car with it's high ride height and 18s. That said, I'd still take the base car...

Cheers!

pete

Quick Reply: Anyone recall which issue of Excellence compared the C2 vs. C2S?