Sponsored by:

Door Creak fixed but not fixed by dealer: door striker

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 03:06 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Door Creak fixed but not fixed by dealer: door striker

I posted another thread about one month ago about a creaking sound coming from the driver's side door/window area. It sounds like metal pressing on glass maybe, but surely more "creak" than squeek. It existed only when the top was down and windows down. No sounds with windows up and top up. It is noticed at parking lot speeds in first gear, or when coasting but not at a speed that the wind or road noise will muffle it out.

Dealer diagnosed as "door striker" and adjusted it. Invoice says it was too high. My SA made it a point to tell me that 2 separate people verified that it was fixed and the noise went away. They put 13 miles on my car which was a little disturbing, given that I made it clear it occurred at slow speeds only.

One day later I hear the same sound when the top is up (normally when the car is very, very quiet). However, the sound is muted compared to before, and I don't seem to notice it when the top is down & windows down.

I'm wondering if it is worth it to pursue this much further if it doesn't get worse. I'm at a threshold of tolerability for this noise as it is, and I fear if they "fix" it again it could be worse.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-22-2008, 08:52 PM
malammik
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you know the sound is coming from where you think it is coming? Can you apply pressure to that specific area and have it go away?

Quick Reply: Door Creak fixed but not fixed by dealer: door striker