Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does a performance chip void warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:48 AM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my dealer installed giac and evo intake, and they toldme that does not void warranty. they also told me if the engine blew , the worse scenario they could remove everthing but they haven't had any problems.....with any claims...when i bought my car 997s, already had fabspeed exhaust intake and headers...the intake really wasn't doing much so changed out the intake and chip..think it helps keep up with the 996 x50 packg. turbos on the track where before with a stock 997 (my last one)could not...either i am getting better and the car is faster or both...
Old 02-05-2008, 10:27 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mkk62
my dealer installed giac and evo intake, and they toldme that does not void warranty. they also told me if the engine blew , the worse scenario they could remove everthing but they haven't had any problems.....with any claims...when i bought my car 997s, already had fabspeed exhaust intake and headers...the intake really wasn't doing much so changed out the intake and chip..think it helps keep up with the 996 x50 packg. turbos on the track where before with a stock 997 (my last one)could not...either i am getting better and the car is faster or both...
I would never believe what my dealer "told me" - did you get something in writing...even then PCNA will make the final determination on warranty.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:28 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If a dealer installs the ECU "upgrade" and then sells the car as new I would think that PCNA would have to stand behind the warrantee unless you signed a waiver. I can assure you though that the dealer would have to pay some of the costs of a warrantee claim. Maybe the dealer figures that into the overhead.

Quick Reply: Does a performance chip void warranty?