Sponsored by:

EVO V-FLOW Air Induction Kit Cleaner Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 04:40 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 67 Posts
Default EVO V-FLOW Air Induction Kit Cleaner Question

I have the EVO V-FLOW Air Induction Kit installed on my 06' C2S Cab. I now have approxiamately 10k miles on the filter. I was told by my dealer that the air flow pressure is down indicating a dirty filter. Should I replace the filter or use the cleaner system. They had to replace the MAF this past week which could have been caused by the dirty filter. I cannot find online either a replacement filter from EVO or a cleaner kit from EVO. If any one has done either, how difficult is the extraction and re-install of the filter. I was told it was not an easy install by the tech that did the original install. Any suggestions are as always, welcomed. Thanks in advance, R
Old 01-12-2008, 05:33 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rshanholtz
I have the EVO V-FLOW Air Induction Kit installed on my 06' C2S Cab. I now have approxiamately 10k miles on the filter. I was told by my dealer that the air flow pressure is down indicating a dirty filter. Should I replace the filter or use the cleaner system. They had to replace the MAF this past week which could have been caused by the dirty filter. I cannot find online either a replacement filter from EVO or a cleaner kit from EVO. If any one has done either, how difficult is the extraction and re-install of the filter. I was told it was not an easy install by the tech that did the original install. Any suggestions are as always, welcomed. Thanks in advance, R
I don't know how you missed it but here's the page with their cleaning kit and replacement filter. Scroll to the bottom of the page under the title "Product Options"....

http://evoms.com/marketplace/ViewPro...E46860432F0%7D
Old 01-12-2008, 05:41 PM
8haggis
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 26 Posts

Did they replace the MAFS under warranty or did you have to pick up the tab?
Old 01-12-2008, 05:46 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Replaced under warranty, my dealer is really good like that. Thanks jgordonsenior for the link, i can only claim ignorance and laziness...
Old 01-12-2008, 07:32 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rshanholtz
Replaced under warranty, my dealer is really good like that. Thanks jgordonsenior for the link, i can only claim ignorance and laziness...
Sorry, I think I'm PMS-ing... Tonight is our annual POC Awards dinner at The Jonathon Club in downtown LA. Mandatory dress code at the club calls for a coat and tie. No thin wool mock turtlenecks, collered shirt & tie only. It's been many years since I wore a tie and I'm not looking forward to wearing one tonight. I actually had to go out today and buy a dress shirt though I found an old Christmas tie and I'll wear it in protest....
Old 01-12-2008, 07:36 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

To clean the filter just go to your local auto parts store like Pep Boy's, Auto Zone ect and buy the K&N cleaning kit. The filter in the Evo is a K&N. Do not over oil the filter after it is dry from cleaning.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:41 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Ron I replaced my Evo air filter this year after just 6000 miles. I was told to change once a year or approximately 5000-6000 miles. What symptoms were you having with the car that prompted you to bring it in? And how long should the MAF last before it should be change on a maintenance basis? Thanks for your help.

See you soon.

Jay
Old 01-15-2008, 12:42 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Jay, the air filter in the EVO air cleaner is a K&N product and you can wash it out and re-oil it. No need to replace it.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:19 PM
8haggis
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 26 Posts

DJ23,
With the stock induction system, the MAFS is not a service item. It is designed for 120,000 miles to 150,000 miles useage.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:13 AM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

I brought the car in for annual maintenance last week. When I picked the car up, I went 2 miles and the check engine light came on. I also had erratic idle with rmp spikes within the first 2 miles. I took the car back the next day and they put the PIWIS on it. They quickly saw that the air flow was reduced and replaced the MAF to see if the fault would clear and not come back. I have just under 10k on the evo without cleaning or replacing. I am now going to have it removed and put the standard porsche box back in. It all seems like too much of a PITA. I have the REVO flash and the EVO inregards to actual performance upgrades but I do not really see or feel a difference with the EVO. I think it is more sound only. I am now having more fun spicing up my 86 951 and tracking it! The C2S Cab is just street fun at this point!
Old 01-17-2008, 03:43 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Wanna sell your Evo cheap?!?!?
Old 01-17-2008, 10:31 AM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

sure, name a price over PM
Old 01-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, no more Evo? At least Jeff and crew took care of the bad sensor.

I know Kip and company have a nice X51 airbox that they could mount.

You didn't notice any improvement with the Revo? I was thinking of a flash upgrade, but I'm a bit concerned on these things.

Glad to hear from you on the forum again!!

Deanski
Old 01-17-2008, 10:24 PM
awilks
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry to hear about your intake problem. Deanski, my C4S is at Farnbacher Loles currently for a couple of months of winter storage. Before I get it back I have decided to have them install the X51 airbox, their new proprietary ECU flash, and their complete exhaust. Kip convinced me the intake and ECU will not make much power on their own and it's the cats and tuned exhaust that really allow the the overall HP gains. Supposed to be doing before/after dynos so when it's done I will make sure to post results and pix here. Est cost is aprox $9k. HP gains should within range of X51 package and possibly little more.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by awilks
Sorry to hear about your intake problem. Deanski, my C4S is at Farnbacher Loles currently for a couple of months of winter storage. Before I get it back I have decided to have them install the X51 airbox, their new proprietary ECU flash, and their complete exhaust. Kip convinced me the intake and ECU will not make much power on their own and it's the cats and tuned exhaust that really allow the the overall HP gains. Supposed to be doing before/after dynos so when it's done I will make sure to post results and pix here. Est cost is aprox $9k. HP gains should within range of X51 package and possibly little more.
Yea, I was looking at one of the carbon X51 airboxes there one day after Kip pulled one out and said thay can mount one...

I'm sure the cats (200 cell?) are going to make it sound great as well!!!

For 9K, and if close to X51 output that would be great! Although the X51 has those wonderful heads for the motor and a nice metal intake.

Keep me posted!!!

Deanski

Quick Reply: EVO V-FLOW Air Induction Kit Cleaner Question