Sponsored by:

Rusnak Porsche in Westlake....

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 09:08 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Rusnak Porsche in Westlake....

Well, at one time I was critical of their sales dept....an I have to admit that some of the people I knew complained about their service dept. That said...I am sorry to have listened to them. I have been there twice.....GREAT service even if they don't have every item in stock. Unlike what I heard of BHills and other dealerships that may be trying to save $$..they still offered me a car or a ride home/back.
I hope those who live in my area give them a chance.....5-10years ago maybe things were different...but I can tell you so far I am happy with them. And I didn't even buy the car there.
abe

Last edited by abe; 01-05-2008 at 03:46 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:56 AM
RoninM5
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a Porsche at Rusnak Pasadena and it was a great experience. Low pressure, way more competitive than any dealer in Orange County, CA.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:10 AM
callen2
AutoX

Bot 2 Porsches from Rusnak, Westlake. Great sales service. Good deals too. I use BH for service and they are awesome to me.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:35 PM
rzundel
Instructor

Bought mine at Westlake Rusnak. These guys are great! Good friends with the GM. I have a 10+ year relationship with Rusnak. They have never let me down.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:02 AM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

I wholeheartedly disagree. Rusnak sucks the big one. There was a time I was a heavy spending customer, now I am done with Rusnak for good.

Service - In the past [more than 2 years ago service at Westlake was great now commonly denies problems exist on your car, 1/2-ast repairs, long delays, over priced, bait and switch.

Sales - misordered my 997 GT3 and refused to credit back the item i did not order, with a major attitude.

I stick with BHP, they've always done well by me, no corporate BS, although I understand not everyone likes them. I was there today, great friendly reception from Trevor who has always personally schlepped me back to my office himself, and great, quick, quality, courteous service from Carlos the head mech. I strongly recommend them.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:57 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,025 Likes on 728 Posts

Originally Posted by abe
I hope those who live in my area give them a chance.....5-10years ago maybe things were different...but I can tell you so far I am happy with them. And I didn't even buy the car there.
abe

Maybe 5-10 years ago things were different......for the better. Read this one ......5-10 weeks ago:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...d.php?t=114684
Old 02-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Rick in Colorado
Instructor

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Maybe 5-10 years ago things were different......for the better. Read this one ......5-10 weeks ago:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...d.php?t=114684
I've been following this thread on 6speed as well. It would certainly deter me from going there if I lived in LA.

As opposed to: Last month, my daughter filled her Jeep with gas, CEL came on within one mile, and car wouldn't restart. The Jeep dealership determined that bad gas was the culprit. The local (small community) fuel distributor refunded the $50 for the fill-up and reimbursed me $950 for towing/repairs. They earned my loyalty for life - and - I've told all of my friends. I'm sure Rusnak has MUCH deeper pockets than our small-town businessman.

IMO, the $500 that Rusnak has "saved" has cost them $10s/$100s of thousands.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:31 PM
geoff w
Advanced

Bought my Boxster there in 2001. Still friends with the salesman who sold it to us, even though he's on the BMW side now. Service is not cheap there, but they seem to do a decent job and generally fix things right to begin with

Bought my wife's 997 there in 2005. Someone else's custom order and the woman who ordered it decided she didn't want it. Our salesman talked 3 others out of it so we could buy it. He's no longer there, but we stay in touch with each other.

Service is way more consistent than in the past. At least when they say it will be ready on the same day, it usually is. Several years ago their completion estimates were a joke (even though the work was generally good). One of the mechanics who always worked on my car moved to San Diego, but they seem to have picked up some other capable ones.

Now I'm buying a new Cayenne (and keeping the Boxster and 997). Good friend at another local dealer gave us his best price, and Rusnak said they really wanted our business based on previous relationships and offered to split their markup with us (I didn't tell them what my friend's deal was). Rusnak beat the other local dealership by several $K. Abq dealer I spoke to was way less expensive (I was there on a business trip and talked to them), but couldn't get a 2008 build. Cayenne is now on order for a March build through Rusnak Westlake, and they didn't even ask for a deposit. I met the salesman through the service manager and he's been fine

All dealerships are very much a customer service business. Overall Rusnak Westlake has treated me fairly in terms of sales and service (and parts will now cut me deals), but I've heard a lot of people with bad experience there. As they say, YMMV
Old 02-03-2008, 01:17 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Rick in Colorado
IMO, the $500 that Rusnak has "saved" has cost them $10s/$100s of thousands.

Easily. One single customer in the market for a new or used 997 taking his business elsewhere would have paid for 20 repainted bumpers. These people are idiots. I'm sure there are decent individuals working at Rusnak but so what? Top-floor culture and integrity is what matters to customers in the long run - not a friendly face in the sales department.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:22 AM
akim47
Racer

screw westlake... i dropped by after i played golf and was just "bummin" around... they treated me like sh#t. do these service guys and salesman really make that much money that they choose who they talk to or not? theyll never see a penny of my money
Old 02-04-2008, 01:45 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would avoid these guys like the plague. Go to 6speedon line and check out the thread. Never would believe a dealer would treat a customer that way. If this thread was an attempt to undo the bad reputation they seem bent on gaining for themselves then the origional poster sucks too. How do I really feel about this.......?
Old 02-04-2008, 01:49 PM
phojes
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my 2001 C2 through Rusnak in Westlake and was happy with the process, but they lost my business when I wanted to order a 2003 C2 from the factory (different sales man, as the first guy had left). At that time, I was curious about sport versus regular seats but when I asked to sit in a car with sport seats to check them out, one of the Rusnak salesmen just told me, "No."

I was like, "Huh?"

Anyway, due to that guy's attitude Rusnak lost not only that sale but they also lost my business when I bought my 2007 Turbo.

The Rusnak service guys seem to be better than the sales guy that I encountered and so I still go there for maintenance and warranty issues.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:03 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by phojes
The Rusnak service guys seem to be better than the sales guy that I encountered and so I still go there for maintenance and warranty issues.

You really do need to read this: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...d.php?t=114684
Old 02-04-2008, 04:29 PM
968PORSCHE
Instructor

I saw the post at 6speed as well and I was extremely surprised. Rusnak has treated us like gold with the wife's 4.2 Audi, so much so it moved us over from BMW. The little service work they did on my car was excellent. They even curred a nagging problem that would repeatedly leave me dead on the side of the road for $76.00! They resoldered the inside of a relay which they are not supposed to do because Porsche wants you to buy another relay that will eventually do the same thing. It's been 6 or 7 years now without a problem. So I guess my tech must have had a little experience and little motivation to screw me. They also helped me with a warranty claim when the P-car was way out of warranty. Again very satisfactory.

Hired people will always manage to screw up a good thing, but Rusnak has shown great integrity with us. Like Ronnie M5 said, low pressure and a good deal on the sales side. I have known Mike the service manager for probably 8 years and cannot imagine him participating in what is being said over at 6speed, no way. There is something missing, like the other side of the story. Don't believe that Rusnak is a bad place, perhaps they hired a smuck and he screwed this guy. Someone like that would never last there.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:03 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 968PORSCHE
There is something missing, like the other side of the story. Don't believe that Rusnak is a bad place, perhaps they hired a smuck and he screwed this guy. Someone like that would never last there.

Maybe something is missing from the big picture but a lot of damage has been done to their name so why isn't someone from the dealer chiming in with the missing part? Either there isn't anything missing or they're too arrogant to care about all the bashing?

Quick Reply: Rusnak Porsche in Westlake....