Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schnell Quad Exhaust tips - anyone have them? Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 09:26 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

There are fit problems with these tips...THEY WILL NOT FIT A C2/4S!

Also the divider that splits the exhaust for each tip is very wide and it seems like would block the exhaust exiting your mufflers if the tips were pushed back like stock tip are.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:38 PM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 353 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
There are fit problems with these tips...THEY WILL NOT FIT A C2/4S!

Also the divider that splits the exhaust for each tip is very wide and it seems like would block the exhaust exiting your mufflers if the tips were pushed back like stock tip are.

Yes, yes. As stated, I do not have a Carrera S. They are designed for my car.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:08 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

They look like junk to me. If you call fabspeed , they'll probably hook you up on a price.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:34 AM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JW911
I have a C2 Cab. No regrets. Love the car. But always preferred the dual tip look of the S.

Anyone have these tips?

The price seems reasonable at $289 and the website is offering 10% off right now. Anyone have these? Any photos on your car? What do you think?

http://www.vertexauto.com/ShowItem/2...nd+-+T304.aspx
Hmmm. Here is a photo of the fabspeed tips. Not sure I can see a difference in the photos between fabspeed and the schnell tips I originally posted.

Last edited by JW911; 05-17-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Harvey in FL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default my experience

I received the last pair from Vertexauto last week for my C2. The quality seemed very good. However, they did not fit. The original exhaust pipe on my C2 was much smaller that the pipe on the muffler tips. The tips came with two inserts; however, this still did not take up the difference in spacing between the two pipes. I called them and they agreed to have UPS pick them up. They also said the tips should fit the C2. I guess I should have read this site before ordering.

Harvey in MD
Old 12-09-2007, 08:01 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Harvey in MD
I received the last pair from Vertexauto last week for my C2. The quality seemed very good. However, they did not fit. The original exhaust pipe on my C2 was much smaller that the pipe on the muffler tips. The tips came with two inserts; however, this still did not take up the difference in spacing between the two pipes. I called them and they agreed to have UPS pick them up. They also said the tips should fit the C2. I guess I should have read this site before ordering.

Harvey in MD
Harvey thanks for the proof....Harvey and I can both tell you these tips do not fit anything like advertised.

I had long talks with Vertex expalining to them they need to check out the fitment issue and all I got was a hard time from them.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:41 PM
CayenneS2083
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait so u guys r saying they don't fit the C2 or the C2S?
Old 12-09-2007, 11:09 PM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Okay. Mdrums has been saying they won't fit an S. Which is obvious from their website. But I don't have an S. But now Harvey says they don't fit the Carrera either. That's bizarre. What in the world do they fit??? I think I'll pass on these.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:57 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by JW911
Okay. Mdrums has been saying they won't fit an S. Which is obvious from their website. But I don't have an S. But now Harvey says they don't fit the Carrera either. That's bizarre. What in the world do they fit??? I think I'll pass on these.
they fit the imaginary car in the minds of those that work at the place that sells this junk.

I said they do not fit either model and was corrected...but I knew better...and now there is further proof.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Harvey in FL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Schnell 997 C2 muffler tips Update

From my post in December:

Now....I reordered the tips after Vertex Auto measured the diameters from a new shipment of tips from Schnell. They now fit my C2 as the new tips have THREE inserts to take up the spacing. The first tips that were sent in December only had two spacers.

I had the tips coated with a thermal coating in flat black. Also, I suggest having a nut spot welded on the upper bracket just like the original tips. It makes it a lot easier to tighten the bolt. A muffler shop welded the nut on for free.

I'm now a very happy camper.

Harvey in MD
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Schnell Quad Exhaust tips - anyone have them? Opinions?