Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slow Crank

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007 | 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bigwave
500 You need to have that looked at. I thought mine was normal at first until it got worse with time. But this car never cranked the way it does now. Before it was 1 beat, 2 beat, 3 beat, start. Now its 123start. Night and day.
Thanks...get us a sound clip PLEASE
Old 12-23-2007 | 02:46 PM
Dale Tillman
Intermediate

Bigwave: you've described my starter problem to a tee...I've just been waiting for the starter to finally quit because - after replacing the battery with no significant difference in the hot cranking - I figured the starter would eventually get worse and then quit, but it hasn't. I've gotten tired of waiting so I thought I'd check the website today and voila, a possible solution. Did you actually SEE the melted harness when the dealer pulled it out? I'm wondering if you could describe it maybe I could get underneath and take a look...also, what was the repair bill total? Thanks for any info.
Old 12-23-2007 | 03:13 PM
Lotus350
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bigwave
Edgy01 I'm in SoCal. San Clemente. My dealer is Newport. So no to the first question I live in what could be the easiest place for a car to deal with. Never hot never cold. I'll add the volt. reg to the list for the dealer to check. GeoT3 I do have a new starter now that you mentioned it. It's too bad we have to solve these issues for the dealer. Where did all the mechanics go?

Sorry, but that Porsche dealer in Newport Beach on PHC can't fix JACK in my opinion! I used them before and will NEVER go back to them. I called to complaint after my issues with them and they don't even have the ***** to call me back. So, I wrote them off.

You might want to give another dealer. Just my 2cents.
Old 12-23-2007 | 11:26 PM
Bigwave
Instructor

lotus350 i would love to find another dealer and try them out but there is not another dealer for 50+ miles in heavey trafic or 70+ miles the other way. I still have the windshield headed at the sunvisor making all kinds of noise after 4 visits and a rattle in the dash after 6+ visits. very frustating

Dale I never saw the harness. But was told it and everything around it showed signs of heat damage
Old 12-24-2007 | 12:37 PM
Dale Tillman
Intermediate

Have you considered a good indy? I have not had a good experience with dealers and have never brought my Porsche to one.Both Motorwerks in Huntingbeach (http://www.factorywerks.com/) and Herge's (http://www.hergesheimer.com/) in Lake Forest have excellent reputations.
Old 12-24-2007 | 12:38 PM
Dale Tillman
Intermediate

Bigwave: how much was the repair?
Old 12-24-2007 | 01:00 PM
Bigwave
Instructor

dale I never saw the bill it was covered under warranty
Old 12-26-2007 | 05:58 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

My buddy had a slow crank and his wife got him some of those blue pills. Not sure if that will help your car.

Quick Reply: Slow Crank