Sponsored by:

Problem with Sirius Radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 02:35 AM
ramans
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MHK
It happens to mine as well once every few weeks. There is a quick fix. You can reset your PCM by shutting the car off, lock the doors to the car, unlock the doors to the car and open and close the car door, then turn the car back on. This resets the PCM and it corrects the problem when I get it.

In regards to the antenna, it is extremely sensitive where under the cowl you put it. It took me a couple of times to find the right spot, and now I get perfect reception.
So where is it, can you take a picture of your car's cowl, and draw in red approx where it is?
Old 11-10-2007, 08:26 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ellite&page=14

Deanski
Old 11-30-2007, 08:07 PM
ramans
Racer

So your last post on that thred says:
My sat works fine although get quite a few drop-outs, but at least it works!

Don't know what the icon is for, but one day I'll have to ask the dealer.

I just wished they made a better antenna. Drop outs are a PITA, but then again, there's always the flat 6 to listen to.

Deanski

so is that even in your good location? I'm still trying to sort through the thread for where you detail the location
Old 11-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ramans
So your last post on that thred says:
My sat works fine although get quite a few drop-outs, but at least it works!

Don't know what the icon is for, but one day I'll have to ask the dealer.

I just wished they made a better antenna. Drop outs are a PITA, but then again, there's always the flat 6 to listen to.

Deanski

so is that even in your good location? I'm still trying to sort through the thread for where you detail the location
I sometimes get good reception now and then. All depends on where I am and if there are trees covering the roadways. Other times it gets spotty in other locations. Sometimes it works where you'd think it wouldn't work.

Still, I'd rather have it in the PCM than some ugly outboard unit and funky antenna on the roof. Maybe I'll have to look into one of those shark-fin looking antennas, but rather not.

Now this is with a 6 CD changer and Nav as well. So who knows.

One day, I'm sure a better antenna will be avaible.

Good luck!

Deanski
Old 08-13-2008, 08:16 PM
wsmknicks
Intermediate

Has anyone gotten the "red triangle / exclamation" in the diagnostic screen to go away? What do you have to do with the PWIS? I would love to tell Bev Hills Porsche how to do this?

Are there any other shops in the LA area that can do this work? E.g. not the install (my XM has been up and running for probably a year now) but the PWIS stuff...
Old 08-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Nope, never got the triangle message showing it's not "registered", but as long as it works that's fine. Besides, I think it's due to a software problem between PCM/Sat/PWIS as this system is for a Cayenne and the PWIS may not let it be added as in a Cayenne. Same PCM, different software somewhere for these not to fully be "registered".

Antenna placement is one of those things you have to play with. Move it and try it at the same time of day in locations known to be a problem.

Deanski
Old 08-14-2008, 04:14 PM
wsmknicks
Intermediate

Thanks much...the antenna is actually great.

The "red triangle" is visible if you hold down "Main" plus "Trip" - takes you to a screen with all the software versions, etc.

I've had a theory that the "unregistered" sat somehow knocks out the AudioPilot feature...but I may be barking up the wrong tree, as several folks have commented that AudioPilot is subtle at best.

I kind of miss the old speed-sensitive auto-adjusting volume...
Old 08-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Could be that the receiver issues are related to the way the sat receiver is powered down or powered up?
Old 01-24-2009, 02:26 PM
ramans
Racer

Still having the not working issue. Many times, probably 40% of the time when I start my car the sirius radio is not working, well it sort of works in that it plays whatever the last channel it was playing was, but it displays the call sirius screen, and no information about music is given, and you can't change channels. Shutting the car off and locking the door doesn't clear it up, I have to go the front trunk and unplug the power to the sat unit then reapply for it to start working again.

Anyone else have a solution.

Not sure if it's related but my reception also varies alot. Sometime I can be sitting still and it'll cut in and out.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:20 AM
kasendorf
Advanced

I have had SIRIUS installed for over 2 1/2 years and this has happened a few times (about 5 times). You don't have to unplug the SAT receiver to fix it. Instead you can reset your PCM by shutting the car off, lock the doors to the car, unlock the doors to the car and open and close the car door, then turn the car back on. This resets the PCM and has corrected the problem when it happens to me. MHK reported the same fix works for him (see above).
Old 01-26-2009, 07:15 PM
ramans
Racer

kasendorf,

As I said in my post above that fix doesn't work for me, and it was happening most of the time. Turns out I didn't know about the holding Main and pressing Trip trick to get radio versions, when I did this I saw an exclamation mark over the satellite radio, and even though it showed it connected there was some problem. I stopped by my local dealer, and they hooked up the computer and told the system there was a sat radio there again, and now that mark has gone away. So far (two days of driving) it's worked each times, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

As anyone figured out a way to help the reception improve?

-R
Old 01-27-2009, 06:10 PM
ramans
Racer

Spoke too soon.

This morning it once again was exhibiting the call Sirius problem. This is really getting irritating. Now I'm wondering if there's a problem with the radio in the car or the sat module or what!

-R

Quick Reply: Problem with Sirius Radio