Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Club Coupe paint code or Touch up paint?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 01:46 AM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Porsche puts out the standard touch up paint kit in Azzuro from e-partssales.com as well.
I tried Newport Porsche, and they could find nothing. I called the Porsche Western Zone parts rep, who referred me to his contact at PCNA in Atlanta, and they also knew nothing about it. All he could quote was the 3F3 code.

That's why I went thru paintscratch.com. It shipped yesterday, so I am looking forward to fixing that chip where my garage door attacked the rear bumperette.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:28 AM
north#34
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete,
Can you let me know how good the colour match is with the paintscratch.com product. If if matches well, then I'll buy some too. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried it on the test card and it looked good. The cars goes this weekend to the pro to fix the bumperette and the rear console area where I acquired several chips from carrying a box resting on the console - bad idea. I will let you know how it comes out.

OCR White Gloves Concours next weekend and then off to the Parade in Charlotte.

PS I am in Toronto now for the first time - what a beautiful area! Noticed that all the Porsche want ads in the paper are for Cayennes....
Old 06-17-2008, 10:15 PM
north#34
7th Gear

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the update on the paintscratch.com paint. For some reason I didn't get the email update when you posted your reply. This part of Canada is great, especially in summer; next time you are up here you need to drive Mosport, it's one of North America's great tracks (1 hr outside Toronto). There are a few race shops here that rent 944s.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:15 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Good for you John. If I need any touch up to #13, I'll drive down to San Diego to visit you and the zoo...
First round on me...

Quick Reply: Club Coupe paint code or Touch up paint?