Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car cover suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 12:49 PM
akrenz
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right or wrong, I use covers for my Porsche and motorcycle when in storage. Both are not driven in the winter months (Chicago area resident) and I just feel better with the covers on. Car cover is the 100% cotton flannel from Auto-Chic. Perfect fit and no problems or scratches experienced. I've used "Battery Tenders" from Deltran Corp. for years on various vehicles; again with no problems. I hard wire to the battery and there's a connector between the battery lead and the charging unit. Battery lead is routed over the windshield wiper area to the battery.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:35 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I keep my car immaculate-especially the paint. Years back after I had a Buick Grand National right after high school I swore I'd never have another black car. All of the sudden in the past year I have accumulated 3 of them and have become obsessed with keeping them clean with no dust.
Thanks all for the suggestions. I will get my order in today![/QUOTE]
I loved my '84 GN with the leather & Houndstooth cloth interior. No intercooler in '84. cooked 3 Turbos under warranty.. I swear by "Evolution" covers at carcover.com. The Tech Porsche cover shed all over my Cab top, and it was almost impossible to put on as the underside grabbed at the top fabric.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:34 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got cats so my car covers have to be tough. Damn animals climb 'em, puke on 'em, pee on 'em, jump on 'em from the rafters. So to keep the rim fire brass off the garage floor I've got to have good covers.

I use carcoversdirect.com go to the custom fit menu. Any of the covers with the four colored triangles are great... and don't be afraid to get the lowest priced one as long as it is triple layer.

JD

Quick Reply: Car cover suggestion