Sponsored by:

Anyone in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Cesko
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Le Chef
Run, don't walk, don't look back! These guys (Luxury Motors) are crooks. They have bought flood damaged cars in the past that have been written off by insurance companies and sold them as "good". Take your money elsewhere. Even ebay is a safer bet!
Do you have any reference for the flood damage or other crooked actions? News articles, etc?
Old 10-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crains published an article on this a while back. I don't have it any more. It's a locally known (infamous?) dealer that has also been cited by the Better Business Bureau as less than straight with its dealings. I checked on a 993 Turbo that was "one owner" and "concours condition". It was neither despite the sales guy insisting both were true.

There are plenty of legitimate dealers who will negotiate if you're nice to them. You don't NEED to deal with people like Luxury Motors.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:15 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ittia
Luxury Motors
A good friend just bought an '06 CTTS from Luxury Motors, and he was 100% satisfied with the experience. I checked out the vehicle, and it looks a-ok given its mileage. A few notes: missing floormats, broken ashtray door, no self-dimming mirrors (odd on a $130k vehicle).

Just a data point.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:38 PM
007GT3
Instructor

Chicago weather is hard on cars.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 007GT3
Chicago weather is hard on cars.
With Luxury Motors it's quite likely the car was shipped in from somewhere else. Maybe New Orleans...
Old 10-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Cesko
Instructor

It's a Florida car. I have the CARFAX in my hands, and a Porsche 100pt inspection lined up. However, I still need someone to view the exterior of the car for me. Neither CARFAX or the Porsche inspection will cover the minor scratches, etc.

I know the history, and will know the mechanical condition, but just need to know the cosmetic looks.

PLEASE, if someone could take a few minutes to just swing by on my behalf it would be most helpful.

Oh, by the way...I have unlimited CARFAX for the next 30 days if anyone here would like me to run a car or two for them.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:10 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Cesko
It's a Florida car. I have the CARFAX in my hands, and a Porsche 100pt inspection lined up. However, I still need someone to view the exterior of the car for me. Neither CARFAX or the Porsche inspection will cover the minor scratches, etc.

I know the history, and will know the mechanical condition, but just need to know the cosmetic looks.

PLEASE, if someone could take a few minutes to just swing by on my behalf it would be most helpful.

Oh, by the way...I have unlimited CARFAX for the next 30 days if anyone here would like me to run a car or two for them.
Not a good idea! This has come up in the past and it is fundamentally wrong and contrary to high values and standards for which Rennlist is known.

I realize you are just trying to help out other Rennlisters and I believe your offer was made in that light. However, doing this is akin to using pirated software on your 'puter. Just thought you might want to be aware oft he "other side" of the issue.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Cesko
Instructor

Looks like the local Porsche Dealer will be performing my PPI....now to get an unbiased opinion about the cosmetic conditions.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Jerry Fisher
Instructor

My son bought his Boxster S from LM...it turned out to be a great car BUT we would never go back there..sleaze *****. We had a couple of WE OWEs on the car and never went back to have them done due to their inability to have the car ready, prepped properly or any knowledge at all about P cars when we picked it up.

Exchange gets some nice cars but they are pricey and have a "superiority" complex.
Exch. is almost walking distance from my house and I will NEVER walk in ther again. I bought from Loeber. Ask for Andrew Smith--nice guy and long time Porsche rep.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Cesko
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jerry Fisher
My son bought his Boxster S from LM...it turned out to be a great car BUT we would never go back there..sleaze *****. We had a couple of WE OWEs on the car and never went back to have them done due to their inability to have the car ready, prepped properly or any knowledge at all about P cars when we picked it up.

Exchange gets some nice cars but they are pricey and have a "superiority" complex.
Exch. is almost walking distance from my house and I will NEVER walk in ther again. I bought from Loeber. Ask for Andrew Smith--nice guy and long time Porsche rep.
Thanks for the advise. Unfortunately Loeber has no used 997's at all on the lot. I've found the car that I want. Now I just need a fellow rennlister to take a quick look at it. Maybe even take a couple of quick pictures that can show more detail of scratches, etc??? Would you be willing to help me out?
Old 10-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Jerry Fisher
Instructor

where is the car ?
Old 10-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Cesko
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jerry Fisher
where is the car ?
2005 Porsche 911
Luxury Motors O'Hare
3311 Charles St. Franklin Park, IL 60131
Phone: 1-866-578-8585

You think that you could swing by and give details about the cosmetic appearance??? Maybe a couple photos? It would be MOST appreciated and great news for me!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Jerry Fisher
Instructor

I will be around there next week on Tues. Perhaps I could find a few minutes to look if someone can't get to it sooner.

I would still keep looking if I were you. Too many bad stories about these guys. There are plaenty of 997s out there. I am quite sure the good experiences with them outweigh the bad. There is nothing more expensie than a bad high perf sports car (excep maybe a hihg per boat or race horse)

If you are not in a hurry tell Andrew at Loeber what you are looking for. Cars come in there all the time.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Cesko
Instructor

Basically I want a Silver or Gray 997 w/ aero kit, <40k miles, manual, and about $60k. I can find 997 all day, but it's the aero that is difficult to find.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Cesko
Instructor

Okay, guys. I put the deposit on the car today. Although I didn't buy through Loeber, the car will be getting it's PPI there. So maybe I'll give Andrew a call anyway. I want to speak with someone there and get a very thorough inspection.

Quick Reply: Anyone in Chicago