Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REVO Software Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 03:12 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the info -- clearly my dealer didn't mention any of this. What was mentioned was that the adjustments were minor in nature and 1) could not negatively impact the engine, and 2) are absolutely invisible to detection. I was told that if at some point the DME was overwritten (update) by Porsche such that it eliminated the Revo, that they would re-load Revo.

Maybe it's because of this innocuous nature and the fact it is invisible is why my dealer supports Revo. Another reason may be that it is a minor adjustment via software only (vs. soldering something onto the computer as some appear to do). The only way I became comfortable was that it did not physically modify anything, that it was plug-and-play, and was innocuous and invisible.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:35 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by RonCT
Maybe it's because of this innocuous nature and the fact it is invisible is why my dealer supports Revo.
Unless something has changed in the past few months even their timed demo software is detectable after it removes itself (I have an ECU dump here -- if one of their dealers wants to claim otherwise). The other problem was that it locked out the normal FLASH reprogramming so that Porsche dealers couldn't update the ECU on their end. Things might have changed over the past few months but I'd be really surprised. If your dealer is willing to provide warranty coverage (in writing) then I would say absolutely go for it. I would just love to see what they provide in writing because they don't actually administer the warranty. So when the claim is denied by PCNA, the dealership will charge you because there is absolutely now way in hell that they're going to eat it.

Quick Reply: REVO Software Review