Sponsored by:

997 3.6 Stock Exhaust Hack - :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 10:44 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist. Nice looking P-car.

I don't know if you have seen some of the PSE muffler mod threads on 996 Forum, but here is a link to one thread that will answer many quesions about modding a 996 muffler. Warning, this thread has 518 posts in it and was viewer over 21,000 times. Obviously, it got a lot of attantion. So, get a cup of coffee, get comfortable, and sit back and read until your eyes cross. There is a lot of good info in there.

996 PSE Muffler mod
Old 11-18-2008, 02:48 PM
milez
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Tim/gota911. I did read till squint. i I know this thread is pretty well beaten to death, but here's my bit..I will hack the 3.4 muffler with a 2 inch ss pipe from inlet to outlet pipes...will see if welder can squeeze it in. The other option to get the 3.4 muffler more decibels, (i thort) would be to open the "nipple" on the muffler at chamber 2, then use a hole cutter and chop some muffler insides out, aka the mk2 muffler mod with 2 or 2.25 inch to outlet pipe. Bear in mind that in South Africa, parts are expensive , hence I can not go the 3.6 can route. I know some guys open the whole muffler and remove all the inside stuff, then weld closed...they say it sounds great, but then your cans are stuffed!!! Will take pics/video and post when I do the mod. And now the kicker - told my wife my plan - her comment -"empty vessels make the most noise"....she just don't understand this male chromosome thing....Cheers.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:08 AM
milez
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996 muffler mods

Tim. Hi. here's a pic of my 2001 3.4 mufflers...they are accordian type(surprise)...i thought they were smooth...am i correct to assume that i have the 3.6 lit cans? What luck if so - previous owner did some mods! Even the P agents are confused! if u confirm, then i do the mk2 mod (can to outlet with 2.25inch)? I am nearly there!Thanks. Milez.

Originally Posted by gota911
Welcome to Rennlist. Nice looking P-car.

I don't know if you have seen some of the PSE muffler mod threads on 996 Forum, but here is a link to one thread that will answer many quesions about modding a 996 muffler. Warning, this thread has 518 posts in it and was viewer over 21,000 times. Obviously, it got a lot of attantion. So, get a cup of coffee, get comfortable, and sit back and read until your eyes cross. There is a lot of good info in there.

996 PSE Muffler mod
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 997 3.6 Stock Exhaust Hack - :)