Sponsored by:

Annoying cab squeaks

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:10 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Driver's side by my ear....very annoying!!
I haven't had any issues with mine (20,000 miles on it). But I like your wheels. Do you have any more photos? Mine is black on black C2S cab and I like your black wheels with bright rims.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:12 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by keninirvine
I haven't had any issues with mine (20,000 miles on it). But I like your wheels. Do you have any more photos? Mine is black on black C2S cab and I like your black wheels with bright rims.
OT: They are my track wheels with PSC's... Victor Equipment.
Credit on the "MOST Excellent" Calabogie track pics to Cory Klinkenburgh and 303 Imaging
Attached Images     
Old 10-04-2007, 08:11 AM
esef
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

06 with 16K miles. Squeeks and rattles all over. Before I took it to my dealer to get my tires and oli changed, noise only came from the top, as soon as I got it back, I've got noise from the doors, top and somewhere in the back. Getting so bad I have to turn the music up pretty loud just to cover all the noise.

I plan to take it back to the dealer to see what they can do but I just haven't had time.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:28 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't have a cab, but my 07 C2S coupe has more squeaks and creaks than all three of my e46 M3's had combined. I really can't hear them much with the climate control on, or radio playing, but still annoying. For some reason that I have not been able to determine, I have a particularly bad squeak that sounds like it is coming from rear of car after I wash the car. By the next day, it is much better, but sounds like a cheap mattress right after I wash the car. I do not have any rattles, just squeaks and creaks.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:00 AM
jjl
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

sorry to hear that so many owners have squeeks and rattles...this is one area where Porsche could take a lesson out of Lexus' playbook...
Old 10-04-2007, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
I have a particularly bad squeak that sounds like it is coming from rear of car after I wash the car. By the next day, it is much better, but sounds like a cheap mattress right after I wash the car. I do not have any rattles, just squeaks and creaks.
I may have the fix for this...pm me if you are interested.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:52 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by jjl
sorry to hear that so many owners have squeeks and rattles...this is one area where Porsche could take a lesson out of Lexus' playbook...
It's much easier for luxury cars to be free of squeaks than sports cars. My experience is that if you have an S version of any Porsche model with 19" wheels, there's a good chance that you will develop squeaks and rattles, especially with verts. On the other hand a luxury car with 17" wheels and its relatively plush suspension that absorbs most of the road shocks, typivally generate few squeaks or rattles.

Quick Reply: Annoying cab squeaks