Sponsored by:

Favorite Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:27 AM
bonesmd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Favorite Tunes

How about a thread on favorite tunes while cruising in your 911? My vote goes to the new album "Coco" by Colbie Caillat. An open road,top down,355 horses feeling their oats,best girl in the passenger seat,and Colbie Caillat coming out of the Boze stereo-----if it can get any better than that I would like to know how?!
Old 09-20-2007, 01:42 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

How 'bout a search for that topic, as it more than likely has been covered already.

Believe me, there is seldom anything new under the sun here. Here are a few threads on that very topic:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/254099-what-s-the-one-song-that-makes-you-down-shift-and-increase-rpm-s.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/166706-ot-driving-music.html
Old 09-20-2007, 02:29 AM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

Turn off the "Boze" and open the windows...

Originally Posted by bonesmd
if it can get any better than that I would like to know how?!
Old 09-20-2007, 03:46 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Well used to be in to Halen/ACDC back in the day but not getting much these days:

Bob Rivers - Caught One Handed.mp3
Old 09-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Jetro Tull.."hot night in Budapest",Santana live at the fillmore,anything other than rap crap.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:39 PM
jollyjolly
Advanced

Originally Posted by OCBen
How 'bout a search for that topic, as it more than likely has been covered already.

Believe me, there is seldom anything new under the sun here. Here are a few threads on that very topic:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254099

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166706
Ben -

It's cool that you encourage searching, especially for technical topics covered earlier. Your links are always excellent.

I think you're saying, noobs like myself enjoy rehashing topics (especially subjective ones), but I'll say the rehash is
entertaining for all.

Back on topic --- I personally like listening to 4K - 7K RPM... much better than the commercial rehash that's on FM these days.

I suppose in 10 years Porsche will decide to liberate itself from it's *** backward electronics (no bluetooth, crappy GPS, silly lack of IPOD/aux-in integration), so I can groove to my Bee Gees in 64kbit/s compressed glory :P

JollyJolly
Old 09-20-2007, 01:06 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Golden Earing - Radar Love
Steve Miller Band - Jet Airliner
Fall out Boy - Thanks for the Memories
Van Halen - Hot For Teacher
Jimmy Buffett - Take Another Road
Old 09-20-2007, 01:18 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

PSE by Porsche..............best soundtrack available
Old 09-20-2007, 01:19 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

"3.8l w/ AWE Headers, Cats, and Mufflers" by Porsche / AWE as composed by Ron.

I really don't listen to much other than the mechanical music of the car. Maybe on a long highway run I'll pop something in, but otherwise I'm focused on the shifting and driving and loving the sound.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:55 PM
nerual
Intermediate

Originally Posted by spiderv6
PSE by Porsche..............best soundtrack available
Old 09-20-2007, 02:56 PM
concretist

The Beatles
"Why don't we do it in the road?"
Old 09-20-2007, 03:24 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by jollyjolly
I think you're saying, noobs like myself enjoy rehashing topics (especially subjective ones), but I'll say the rehash is
entertaining for all.
Apparently you're missing my point entirely.

My point is, add and build on what's already here. It makes the entertainment value that much more enjoyable when you're able to read a long string of entertaining inputs from everyone, instead of just a few snippets here and there scattered throughout the forum.

I don't know about you, but I hate typing things over and over, and usually won't offer an input on something I've already commented on. I'm sure I'm not alone here. And for those wanting to know why the apparent apathy when questions are asked here, the reason should hopefully be obvious. And it's not because most of us don't care. It's because most of us have written about it already. And the more helpful ones will point you to where this was discussed before at length.

So for those really needing important information when none seems to be coming your way because of a perceived apathy, help yourself to our data base, stocked full of valuable information to help you with your current concern.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:49 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
I don't know about you, but I hate typing things over and over, and usually won't offer an input on something I've already commented on.
Then how come there are so many threads on this forum that have a post from you saying to try a search and including links?
Based upon your comment above I would have thought you would have given up by now.
I personally would rather read smaller snippets instead of reading threads that have 5+ pages to them. I'm sure I'm not alone either.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:23 PM
AndreCT
Racer

PSE - w.o.t sounds wonderful
Radar Love - Golden Earring
November Rain - Guns n Roses
Enter Sandman - Metallica
and a few more ..
Old 09-20-2007, 04:42 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
Based upon your comment above I would have thought you would have given up by now.
I guess I'm just a sucker for going out of my way to help others, when I can, by doing the search for them, hoping to set an example in the process and show them how easy it is to get what they were looking for.

For those with short-term memory problems (and you wouldn't be alone if you happen to fall in that group ) it must be like reading something again for the very first time. And that's okay. But for those who can pretty much set our watches to the next time a particular topic comes around again, it gets a little old. And so do the replies, which lack the original enthusiasm seen when the topic was fresh. So hopefully it's helpful to read some of these inputs, which btw aren't antiquated and thus irrelevant. The 997 Forum is still relatively new here on Rennlist, and so are many of the helpful commentaries and inputs that have been stored here for future reference.

But you can only discuss so much about a particular model without soon finding out you've pretty much covered it all. And we pretty much have, here in this forum. That's why lately I spend most of my time in the OT forum because the topics there are fresh and new. And with each new day there are fresh new topics to discuss. So it never gets boring.

So if I wasn't able to come to the aid of those looking for information when you really needed it, my apologies for not being here to assist you. Hopefully others were able to pick up the slack.

Quick Reply: Favorite Tunes