Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clocked at 105 and handcuffed.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:11 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cop got a little over himself. This guy wasn't Pablo Escabar, he wasn't going a 140 and he wasn't drinking. Anyone could smell that unless they were drinking themselves. This officer lost his temper and apparently regained control. They do that and the same thing has happened to me. If I got handcuffed and hauled to jail I would fight it tooth and nail but I'll take the attitude of the original poster, no harm no foul well except a ticket for going far less than he was.

It's so easy to hit a 100 in a 997 without even thinking about. It just goes with the territory in these cars. It can even happen to DA's in Las Vegas
Old 09-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Paul523
Pro

Originally Posted by ChipAZ
The cop got a little over himself. This guy wasn't Pablo Escabar, he wasn't going a 140 and he wasn't drinking. Anyone could smell that unless they were drinking themselves. This officer lost his temper and apparently regained control.
Triple digits anything is still a boatload of speed, even if 'safe' from standpoint of 997's capability.

Maybe the officer initially thought he had finally captured the infamous "Dietrich" ?
Old 09-06-2007, 09:54 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul523
Maybe the officer initially thought he had finally captured the infamous "Dietrich" ?
https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topic/370890-mysterious-dietrich-in-enzo-crash-caught.html

Old 09-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Paul523
Pro

my bad..I've fallen behind the class.. thought he was still on the lam.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:33 PM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by malammik
Dave why do you have **** war plane in your avatar?
I dunno. I've always thought Stukas were cool. It's an important piece of German history, like Porsche. I'm not a ****. I could go back to my Dr. Strangelove avatar if you prefer.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Stockhog
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some years ago in my first Porsche, I was in bumper-to-bumper going through a road construction zone.
Cop followed me until out of the zone and pulled me over. Gave me a speeding ticket with no explanation or conversation. When I asked him Why? I was told to get my rich *** out of there. I went to my appointment and noticed several times the cop passed the building (He had followed me there).
When I came out to leave, he was waiting in the parking lot. I sat in my car for nearly 30 minutes before he left. I took another route home.

The reason I tell this story is to point out that not all cops are reasonable nor do they only do what the "book" says. If jrgordonsenior had a couple of tickets on his record, does that mean he was more reckless or more guilty? Obviously, lucky to get the officer he did, in the end, but this is not the way all, or I would say, most officers would have ended this stop. Whether he had the right to search or not doesn't matter as jr would had been arrested if he protested. I am also suprised that no one addressed that it was 7:30 in the morning. Would stats prove that this is a common time to catch speeding DWI's (possible support of probable cause)? Everyone that has ever owned and driven an exceptionally nice car knows, or should realize, theyare and will be constantly under more scrutiny by the police and probably considered an easy target that will just pay and go away.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Not sure if this is relevant, but the three times I was let off I had gotten stopped by a regular cop; the one time I went to court it had been a traffic cop. I believe the former are more understanding/forgiving/cooler than the latter.
You are correct. The traffic (motorcycle) cops pretty much give tickets, and assist the crime units on calls.

The cars (crime units) pretty much handle crimes and every so often look for traffic enforcement,,,but rarely.

Now, I know in small town this is not the case, but with large departments, this is the case.

CHP handles tickets and accidents primarily. This is one of the reasons this CHP officer that stopped the original poster was really lenient....he really could have gone a lot farther, such as a misdemeanor arrest for reckless driving.

If driving is deemed reckless, it is a misdemeanor ( CVC 23103 (a)) in CA. If a prior conviction for reckless exists , it is a felony (CVC 23104(b)).

Furthermore, CVC 23109 (C) is a misdemeanor for exhibition of speed.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:54 PM
4thporsche
Racer

Originally Posted by Stockhog
The reason I tell this story is to point out that not all cops are reasonable nor do they only do what the "book" says.
Yeah, and not all people, wives, clients, bosses, business partners, associates, etc. are reasonable..... and go by the "book", it's a part of life. Get over it. Oh yeah... there have been many times I have been given the benefit of the doubt because I drive a nice car.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:04 PM
4thporsche
Racer

The cop got a little over himself. This guy wasn't Pablo Escabar, he wasn't going a 140 and he wasn't drinking.
How would he know there wasn't a dangerous/wanted person driving the car? The driver could be on some other drug that doesn't emit an odor. Living in LA this not an uncommon scenario.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:08 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Does Snoop Dog have a Porsche?
Old 09-06-2007, 11:17 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Off Topic a little bit: The other day I forgot to slow down to 15mph going through the school zone in this little town, in my new white Targa. The local cop waved and made hand gestures at me. He could of hung me out to dry as I was probably doing 30. He didn't. Now the way I see it if I go through that school zone too fast again, I deserve a ticket! This small town cop gave me break and it sunk home.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Stockhog
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4thporsche
Yeah, and not all people, wives, clients, bosses, business partners, associates, etc. are reasonable..... and go by the "book", it's a part of life. Get over it. Oh yeah... there have been many times I have been given the benefit of the doubt because I drive a nice car.
You make my point exactly. jr was lucky to get a reasonable person who happened to be a policeman. "Get over it" -- unreasonable people aren't easy to get over. jr would have had to try to get over it in jail.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:38 PM
4thporsche
Racer

Originally Posted by Stockhog
You make my point exactly. jr was lucky to get a reasonable person who happened to be a policeman. "Get over it" -- unreasonable people aren't easy to get over. jr would have had to try to get over it in jail.
Yes.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:40 PM
4thporsche
Racer

Yeah... wouldn't be surprised if he had one among several cars.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:43 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Fo shizzle, don't think so. He's more into cars that he can be driven around in and that have secret compartments and schit.

Quick Reply: Clocked at 105 and handcuffed.....