Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adaptive Sports Seats for the passenger side?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 05:03 PM
MichaelL
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fellow forum member "Coochas" has a website with PCNA ordering guides. Also available on renntech.org. There is quite a list of leather options, some useful and others not. For example, the PCM faceplate, standard in gray plastic, can be had in matching leather for $2300. This ordering guide is a must for ordering a fully optioned car. More & better info than any of us can provide, for the most part.

There are quite a number of optional steering wheels, none completely described in the ordering guide. I have the "460" thicker wheel, which has a gray plastic horn ring. Goes well with my gray leather, but I would have it covered with matching leather otherwise. Ask the dealer for more information & good luck getting it.

PCNA does not offer sat radio in US, either, but the dealer or outside shop can do this readily with all Porsche parts. The other way is an add-on unit, it can go in the cubby under the center stack. This is what I have, but would go the other way if doing over.

As far as sport chrono, in the 997 is allows some additional setting of obscure functions that have to be otherwise done by dealer with PIWIS and also offers a different throttle map. No extra power. Useless otherwise & ugly. Lots of people order it, so my opinion may be faulty.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:14 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmc8
http://www.rpmsportscars.com/door5.htm

Seems a wonderful different compromise colour.
Jim - That color is AWESOME!

Here is the "A Pillar Leather" info from the Order Guide. BTW - the A piller proper is leather as part of the Full leather option.

DAA - Interior Pkg A Pillar Leather (shown in RED below)
Leather finish in interior color including decorative stitching
where appropriate: switch panel end trim (2.1b), ignition lock
surround (2.7a), mirror attachment point finishers including
mirror controls and base plate (3.0b).
Attached Images  
Old 07-22-2007, 06:15 PM
jimmc8
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that DAA is a must if I go with all the leather. Hmmm gotta think on this for a day.

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:48 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going to order your car with the Adaptive Sport Seat and your wife in consideration, I would highly recommend to add the Heat Seat option as well.

My wife, so might most women, love heated seat -- there are a few days every month that the heated seat would just make their day. It is just a $480 option, well worth the happiness of the wife.

With best regards,
Old 07-22-2007, 08:52 PM
jimmc8
Advanced

Heated Seats - Great minds think alike - got it already and totally agree. Wouldn't be without them here on the Wet Coast
Old 07-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Got them as well in my C2S! ANd not having memory for that side can be a PITA, but as I told my wife when she was overwhelmed with all the buttons "push one and feel what it does, do that to all of them and when you like it, stop".

Also have the heated seats as well as full leather. Only thing I wish I added was PAINTED seat backs.. I did however get the crest onthe headrest. Too bad we couldn't get it in color.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 07-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Suggest your order the center console leather with something like the Porsche logo or model logo,--that way the stitching will go all the way to the rear. Otherwise you really can't see that the center is leather.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:39 PM
jimmc8
Advanced

Got that too - CUV Storage Cmpt Lid W/Model Logo - totally agree.

Has anyone got an idea how long a custom colour C2S takes in Canada?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Just how CUSTOM is the color? Mine took an extremely long time, because Porsche doesn't really like to do anything nonstandard.

Quick Reply: Adaptive Sports Seats for the passenger side?