Sponsored by:

Audi R8 vs 997S/997GT3

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Sharptt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Every time a new supercar is announced, the press goes wild for it. Remember the Ford GT? I look at lap times with skepticism. I am sure that an unskilled driver can make an R8 lap faster than a 997TT. On the other hand someone who knows how to drive a 911 will outperform the R8 easily since the cars have the same weight and the 997TT has more power and torque. Driving a 911 is a skill that needs to be learned but very rewarding once accomplished...

Is the RS Spyder(LMP2) not a race car?

Keep the faith!

Best,
I remember the Ford GT. I bought one and still think it is by far the best performance car I've ever driven. But I certainly think for an unskilled driver the 997tt is hard to beat. Don't get me wrong, I love the 911 NA or TT and will hopefully always have at least one in my stable at all times. But I am anxiously awaiting the R8. Maybe it doesn't look as good as a F430 (what does) but IMHO it is far sexier looking than a 997tt with enough performance in the V-8 configuration to keep me smiling. And with AWD and a decent dealer network I should be able to use it as a daily driver. Me thinks Ferdinand Piech hit one out of the park again with this one.

Quick Reply: Audi R8 vs 997S/997GT3