Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you ordered your car, did you get a discount?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 05:37 PM
kennygoodboy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

though i love discussing my t4s, i will pm you so this thread doestn get off topic.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:43 PM
kennygoodboy
Instructor

Well, for some reason i cant PM you so I will post.

Yep, got the classic wheels, i think the larger rear wheels just look incredible with the classics

Full leather - sand beige
Sport chrono - i think the sport button is cool, seems a little more responsive though at the end of the day its still a gimmick
navi
Bose
heated seats
phone gadget
slef dimming mirrors
reverse beeper gadget

We clearly both paid up the *ss for our respective vehicles but I couldnt be happier.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:33 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 261 Likes on 142 Posts

I am finding that the lot cars are more negotiable. If I can find 7%, I'll run with it. Apparently, from what I'm finding, there aren't a lot of slots for 08's so they want to sell them on a higher margin. I understand--it's a business decision. I think I'm very close, but wanted to check with you guys and your sales guys to see what they could do.

Originally Posted by kennygoodboy
As with Skydriving, I got zero discount because i had no leverage as no delear within 200 miles had an allocation for a T4S. There was one on the lot the dealer offered 8% off but i didnt like the two-tone interior so I was willing to pay up for what i wanted. This was all mitigated by two reasons , 1 - dealer threw in $3k of aftermarket goodies (full clear bra treatment, V1, ipod install) and more importantly 2 - I leased it through my company so i basically got a 34% discount so I was clearly more sensitive about getting exactly what i wanted vs nickel and diming the dealer.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:10 AM
gary mermel
Instructor

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
Apparently, from what I'm finding, there aren't a lot of slots for 08's so they want to sell them on a higher margin.
You and I started our deliberations at nearly the same time. I'm gonna mess with your head here:

Wait for next spring/summer. If you don't need a car now, they are supposed to add DFI as either an '08.5 or '09. Possibly as ealy as Spring.

While cars and computers and TV's etc are always being updated, I'd rather wait the 6 months to be current for several years (until the 998 is released) than be one step behind so soon as I hope to keep the car for a long time.

I am not sure by any means, and info is supposed to be out in September with the Frankfurt Auto Show regarding both the updated car and it's planned release date.

But you are hearing what I did from several dealers about '08 allocations, and that adds a little credibility to the theory that the update will have an early release. Of course, the alternative theory may hold instead, which is that Posrsche (ooops) P-o-r-s-c-h-e (that's better ) is trying to grow outside of North America and diverting some cars away from us instead of increasing production. It's worth it to me to wait to see what's gonna happen.......

Last edited by gary mermel; 07-21-2007 at 11:13 AM. Reason: I spelled Porsche wrong!!!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 11:24 AM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 261 Likes on 142 Posts

I believe you are right. No one knows when or what will be done to the car. I've never been a patient person and will probably let destiny guide me a bit. If nothing comes along, or there is something on autospies, or an announcement, I'll wait.

Fall is the best time to own a cab in Texas as it's cool. Summer is too hot and spring lasts about three days. I have a four car garage and an empty slot that's like a tooth that needs to be filled.

Also, I can't even imagine how tight the dealers will be when the changed version comes out. I know, pay to play or shut-up.

Originally Posted by gary mermel
You and I started our deliberations at nearly the same time. I'm gonna mess with your head here:

Wait for next spring/summer. If you don't need a car now, they are supposed to add DFI as either an '08.5 or '09. Possibly as ealy as Spring.

While cars and computers and TV's etc are always being updated, I'd rather wait the 6 months to be current for several years (until the 998 is released) than be one step behind so soon as I hope to keep the car for a long time.

I am not sure by any means, and info is supposed to be out in September with the Frankfurt Auto Show regarding both the updated car and it's planned release date.

But you are hearing what I did from several dealers about '08 allocations, and that adds a little credibility to the theory that the update will have an early release. Of course, the alternative theory may hold instead, which is that Posrsche (ooops) P-o-r-s-c-h-e (that's better ) is trying to grow outside of North America and diverting some cars away from us instead of increasing production. It's worth it to me to wait to see what's gonna happen.......

Quick Reply: If you ordered your car, did you get a discount?