Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position's ZR19's? Any experience thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 04:19 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 829 Likes on 458 Posts
Default Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position's ZR19's? Any experience thoughts?

What about Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position's ZR19's? Tire Rack seems to have those available in stock now? But they are an all season tire so won't I loose something in grip and traction? I plan to keep my 18" Carerra Classic's for any track duty and they are fitted with summer tires (Continental Sport Contact 2) from the dealer...so would I be okay with the AS Pole positions tires then? Or NO I wouldn't?

Anybody with experience with AS tires on their car on a daily basis? and/or on the track? I live in the NE so in DC/MD/VA we do get some weather and lt-moderate white stuff sometimes but not enough to justify a winter wheel and tire to me so maybe an AS would be a good comprimise?
Old 06-26-2007, 05:09 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I have a set mounted on my stock wheels. Search threads by me to read my review.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:25 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Ian
How did you like them? Were they all that or something to wait and pass on and get summer tires when avail? What's your gut say and what would you do if it were you car?

By the way love you wheels on your car...isn't it a silver 997 like mine?
Old 06-26-2007, 07:55 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Ian
How did you like them? Were they all that or something to wait and pass on and get summer tires when avail? What's your gut say and what would you do if it were you car?

By the way love you wheels on your car...isn't it a silver 997 like mine?
Thanks. My car is GT Silver.

They're not terrible tires but they're nothing terribly special, especially if you're accustomed to PS2s. They don't have anywhere near the grip nor do they give you a great feel of their limits of traction. With their stiff sidewalls, you either have enough traction or they simply let go. There is no real in between. They also ride a bit rougher than PS2s and make a good bit of noise, most likely as a result of the sidewalls.

They go decently in the snow however. Not quite as good as snow tires but they're serviceable if you drive at a reasonable pace.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:12 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Ian
Thanks. I may probably go with the Yokohama Advan Sports as they seem to be the only ones available at a reasonable price now other than waiting until July or August for a set of Continental or Bridgestones to become available. As for wheels I am not sure I am finding anything I like that won't have my wife putting me in the doghouse for buying! If I spend $5-6k on wheels without her getting her new deck and patio and landscaping...I'll be living in the Porsche! LOL

Thanks again.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:41 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Ian
Thanks. I may probably go with the Yokohama Advan Sports as they seem to be the only ones available at a reasonable price now other than waiting until July or August for a set of Continental or Bridgestones to become available. As for wheels I am not sure I am finding anything I like that won't have my wife putting me in the doghouse for buying! If I spend $5-6k on wheels without her getting her new deck and patio and landscaping...I'll be living in the Porsche! LOL

Thanks again.
Tell me how you like the Advans. I've had tremendous success in the past with Yokohama tires. I suspect you'll like them.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:17 PM
csteege
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A and they are really quit compared to the PS2's, they also look really good
Old 06-27-2007, 07:58 PM
PAULSPEED
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
My car came with the Michelin pilot sport. I now
have Yokohama's and I like them just a little
better. Did you know that Farnbacher Loles runs
Yokohama street and race tires on their cars.
Paul

Quick Reply: Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position's ZR19's? Any experience thoughts?