Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 01:09 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Damn.

RIP Craig, buddy. We'll miss you, man.

--------------

As I already mentioned he was last online in February and passed away that very month. I didn't make note of the date when I queried his login just saw that it was sometime in February. Just queried again and apparently a family member using his account logged in today around 5 this afternoon, thus erasing the date record. But you know what? I bet he had logged in on his laptop on his hospital bed one last time before he passed away just to glimpse at the community of friends who had gone out of their way to send prayers his way and to wish him well, and who had made him feel important and loved, even though they were total strangers to him in the outside world, yet good, caring friends within the bounds of this internet community he dearly loved.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:14 AM
944kid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Onto the big race track in the sky. Rest in peace, good man. *salute*
Old 06-12-2007, 01:15 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OCBen
As I already mentioned he was last online in February and passed away that very month. I didn't make note of the date when I queried his login just saw that it was sometime in February. Just queried again and apparently a family member using his account logged in today around 5 this afternoon, thus erasing the date record. But you know what? I bet he had logged in on his laptop on his hospital bed one last time before he passed away just to glimpse at the community of friends who had gone out of their way to send prayers his way and to wish him well, and who had made him feel important and loved, even though they were total strangers to him in the outside world, yet good, caring friends within the bounds of this internet community he dearly loved.
+1

P.S. I believe it was Carol, his girlfriend, who checked his mail today (and thus changed the 'last login' date).
Old 06-12-2007, 01:15 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 221 Likes on 110 Posts

RIP.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:31 AM
dgcate
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Gone on ahead of us"

I don't know who said it...but I like it. Maybe someone who knew something about rhythm.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:50 AM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, that's terrible news. He certainly had the right attitude to beat it. Maybe see if we could set up a PayPal fund for something in his honor? RIP, Craig!
Old 06-12-2007, 02:04 AM
OCBen
Banned

Hey Wolfgang, what made you think of him all of a sudden, out of the blue today?

I can't say I believe in supernatural occurrences but if such things do exist, maybe Craig had somehow touched your soul in some way to let you know he was thinking of us, and you in turn have made us all here think of him as a result of your effort today.

Not to impose on you, but it would be nice if we could somehow send a little gift - maybe a little remembrance plaque - to his son and his mom to show the Rennlist community's appreciation for having known Craig. At the very least, let Carol know that we all here send our condolences and that we miss him and wish the best for the two of them as they live their lives as he would have them live them.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:16 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 81 Posts

Wow, this is very sad news.

I recall replying to his post when he informed the Rennlist community that he was diagnosed with lung cancer. I wished him well and I distinctly recall his positive attitude and the enjoyment he said he received from his P-Car and Rennlist. I believe he purchased his 997 just before being diagnosed with the disease. Very very sad.

I recall, for some unknown reason, his post in a thread that was entitled something like "How hard do you drive your P-Car" and Craig responded that he made it a point to redline his 997 regularly. His joy in posting this message obviously made an impression on me because I remember it many months later and usually I can't remember what happened yesterday.

I think it is great that Craig got to experience the joy of his 997 and Rennlist before he passed. As you have said Ben, he last logged on to Rennlist in February which was just before he passed away. I think that is a good testament to the joy he got from his Porsche and this forum.

RIP Craig.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:42 AM
rountreed
Burning Brakes

Truly sad news! May he RIP.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:01 AM
Queram
Instructor

RIP Craig.

Toprağın bol olsun huzur içinde yat.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:20 AM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Hey Wolfgang, what made you think of him all of a sudden, out of the blue today?

I can't say I believe in supernatural occurrences but if such things do exist, maybe Craig had somehow touched your soul in some way to let you know he was thinking of us, and you in turn have made us all here think of him as a result of your effort today.

Not to impose on you, but it would be nice if we could somehow send a little gift - maybe a little remembrance plaque - to his son and his mom to show the Rennlist community's appreciation for having known Craig. At the very least, let Carol know that we all here send our condolences and that we miss him and wish the best for the two of them as they live their lives as he would have them live them.
That would be a nice gesture.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Very sad news. May his soul be at peace.

Thank you Wolfgang for following up on Craig.

Ben please advise if you are collecting funds for a gift etc.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:56 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh man that's terrible. CJC, now I remember him. I just thought he got better and decided to live life to its fullest which means not hanging out with us delinquents. Too bad we couldn't say goodbye to him.

RIP CJC!

I like this pic of him....

Old 06-12-2007, 10:06 AM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts

Such a shame... RIP.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:35 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by texas911
I like this pic of him....

Thanks for finding it. Yeah, I like it too, and I remember how we all enjoyed it as well when he posted it, how it looked like there was a figure or an angel in the clouds with arms outstretched just like Craig's.

Would be nice to frame an enlarged image of that pic and send it to his family. I'll see what Wolfgang thinks of the idea.

Quick Reply: RIP Craig Cope, fellow Rennlister