Sponsored by:

GOT ICE32?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 02:00 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GOT ICE32?

Just recieved a notice from my P-car dealership, they are now offering the ICE32 lubricant enhancer. Anyone using the lubricant, if so, is there truely a difference in the A/C performance?

The service cost is around $79.95 + tax to fill and inspect the A/c system...

They mentioned that ICE32 does the following:

ICE32 adds a lubricating treatment to the compressor making it pump colder, better and longer.
ICE32 creates a special film on the inside of your system’s metal surfaces making liquid flow easier and faster.
ICE32 prevents sludge and corrosion, increasing your system’s performance.
ICE32 improves the heat transfer ability of the evaporator allowing the heat transfer inside your car to be removed faster.
Provide cooler air due to increased heat transfer. This means the vehicle
interior cools faster.
Reduces interior humidity.
Extends compressor life by reducing friction and protecting the metal surfaces.
Works year-round.
Environmentally safe, contains no chlorinated compounds.
ICE32 is the result of 6 years of development and testing. Meets and exceeds
SAEJ2670 in automotive A/C systems using R-134a.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:28 PM
DKCA
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love reading stuff like this.
What a great product, it does all these things.
Here is what I would ask.

Prove it.
Send me the test results showing these claims are true.
As an example: The claim that the inside of the car cools faster? Does it cool 1 second faster, or 10 minutes faster.
You see I am not much of a believer of claims, I require if they say something they should be able to back it up.

If no TEST results are available, no product is purchased.

By the way, I would guess you cars air Cond system is still under warranty, what does adding a non aproved additive do to the warranty of any of the parts it affects?
If a part in the system fails each side usually claims it was not our fault, leaving you to pay for it.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:31 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

I agree with the warranty issues, and mine works just fine as is.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:43 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

The product is offered and installed by a certified PORSCHE dealership, so I do not think you will have a warranty issue. If the claims were not true, the PORSCHE dealership would not offer the product IMO.

Finally, I am looking for a second opinion, so my question is very simple... Does someone have the product inside his or her automotive a/c unit and does it work?

Thank you!
Old 06-07-2007, 04:06 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

I would be interested in how an additive could increase the heat transfer potential of R-134a.

Hmmmmm...
Old 06-07-2007, 04:25 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dstrimbu
I would be interested in how an additive could increase the heat transfer potential of R-134a.

Hmmmmm...

Me too... chemical engineering is not my professional trade. Checkout this website http://www.ice32.com/
Old 06-07-2007, 06:33 PM
DKCA
6th Gear

Originally Posted by cvazquez
The product is offered and installed by a certified PORSCHE dealership, so I do not think you will have a warranty issue. If the claims were not true, the PORSCHE dealership would not offer the product IMO.

Finally, I am looking for a second opinion, so my question is very simple... Does someone have the product inside his or her automotive a/c unit and does it work?

Thank you!
You already answered your own question.

"If the claims were not true, the PORSCHE dealership would not offer the product IMO."

Did you read the "tests" provided by your link to their website?? They have NOTHING to do with the produce doing what they say it does, They show the product complies with an SAE standard for additives. Nothing more.

Assuming that because a dealer is selling it Porsche is going to back it with Their warranty, seems like hopeful thinking, why don't you simply ask them?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:36 PM
DKCA
6th Gear

Originally Posted by dstrimbu

Hmmmmm...
I do not know about this, on the ICE coolent, they claim their product lower the surface tension, so you have better contact with metal surfaces, like Water Wetter claims.
I would guess they are going to claim the same on this.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:47 PM
4thporsche
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard you can get 10-15 RWHP with it!

Seriously, my AC works fine and it's hard to imagine it would make any significant difference in cooling that I would notice. I will be on to another P-car long before the AC compressor would wear out under normal use.

Quick Reply: GOT ICE32?