Sponsored by:

Too much for 05 997S?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Cope
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too much for 05 997S?

In hopes of sharing the Porsche experience with my entire family (wife and child) I've been thinking of upgrading to a used 997S. I have a lot of fun with the Cayman S but I'm starting to miss having a back seat. Over the last month or so of searching online I keep noticing a near 30,000 mile CPO 05 997S that has an asking price of about $69k. Major options on this car are sports chrono, sports exhaust, and adaptive seats. Is it just me or is this way too much to ask for a car with this mileage? What would be a fair price? Also, as I look at 05 cars with 20,000 miles plus should I consider CPO to be mandatory or should I save myself some cash by not worrying about long term problems?
Old 05-30-2007, 10:20 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Cope
In hopes of sharing the Porsche experience with my entire family (wife and child) I've been thinking of upgrading to a used 997S. I have a lot of fun with the Cayman S but I'm starting to miss having a back seat. Over the last month or so of searching online I keep noticing a near 30,000 mile CPO 05 997S that has an asking price of about $69k. Major options on this car are sports chrono, sports exhaust, and adaptive seats. Is it just me or is this way too much to ask for a car with this mileage? What would be a fair price? Also, as I look at 05 cars with 20,000 miles plus should I consider CPO to be mandatory or should I save myself some cash by not worrying about long term problems?
Just do a nationwide search on autotrader for that model, and check KBB for value. That is the best way to establish what any car is likely to fetch as private party or dealer price.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That sounds like a lot when I've seen some '06 997S cars in the mid-to-low $70K range.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:07 PM
malammik
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's what you would get in KBB so sounds about right if the car is in excellent condition.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:18 PM
AP997S
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I think thats a tad too high considering the mileage. I bought a perfect 2005 997S (Launch Car configuration) in early March w/ just 9,100 miles for just over $70K. CPO is a nice bonus but remember you'll have close to 2 Yrs left on the factory warranty to sort out any latent problems.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Too much for 05 997S?