Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Short Shifter Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007 | 02:10 PM
donquixote30
Intermediate

Todd,

My dealer charged me about the same for the short-shifter installation. I'm happy with the results. Indeed, it seems to get better through time. However, shifting from 4th to 5th does requires a bit of focusing, as the "shifting path" is not as precise as I would like. Other than that it is perfect, in my opinion.
Old 05-26-2007 | 10:06 PM
todd.
Burning Brakes

I am very impressed with the short shifter, I guess the mechanic at my dealership did a great job because I am having no issues whatsoever, even 1st is easier than ever. The short shifter is awesome, I don't understand the problems people are talking about, it's not like the stock shifter is perfect, but the short shifter is a huge improvement.
Old 05-26-2007 | 10:45 PM
4thporsche
Racer

Originally Posted by todd.
I will let you know later today after it's installed. I think the dealer is hosing me on the install, they are quoting 3-4 hours labor.
If the market where you live permits it (multiple dealerships) it really pays to call around. I am installing the factory Nav in my car next week, LA AutoGallery quoted me $1,800 for labor (I have the parts), 2 other dealers said $1,100, the 4th said $450. It's a 3.1 hour job per Porsche, dealer number 4 had it right. My impression is that most of the dealers pull these numbers out of the air. You can tell when talking with them. The 4th dealer (Rusnak Pasadena) actually looked at the Porsche TSB-Guidelines for the install and quoted me fairly. I guess that's why they call them stealerships!

BTW, short shifter is great, should be standard equipment.

Quick Reply: OEM Short Shifter Help