Sponsored by:

K40 Calibre Experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 12:01 PM
bonesmd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K40 Calibre Experience

There is alot of negative press on this forum about the K40--- but it is mostly from one guy.How about you guys out there running K40 Calibre? Any tickets? Any saves? Happy with your experience? Personally I love mine for ease of use and it seems to work great with radar, but I have not yet run across any laser. Thanks.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:35 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

From one of P-car944's posts:

Just to let you know that is a very biased website since what ever Radar Roy sells always wins in his testing. I used to venture to that site but there is alot of censorship and your cant even talk about K40 on that site due to the lawsuit from K40. Goto the Laser Jammer section and see what laser jammer is preferred the most.
See post #6 in this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum/29899-laser-rader-jamming-for-dummies.html

I guess Radar Roy is an expert when he likes the LPP or V1, but biased when he doesn't? It's no wonder K-40 owners don't post about how well it works, as they will just get blasted by our expert here.

FWIW, I don't own a K-40. Shopping right now for a laser jammer, so I'm interested in non-biased responses.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:36 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that the K40 is great. Gives me adaquate warning and haven't gotten a ticket yet. For me that's the bottom line. Would definately put in in my next p-car over that ugly POS they call the V1.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:30 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

P-car 944, i am concinced and will get the LPP for laser, but is the calibre any good against radar?
Old 05-20-2007, 12:15 AM
bonesmd
Intermediate

Thanks for your passionate responses,but I remain curious about real world experiences.If the K40 is so bad,we should have no trouble finding many people who have gotten a ticket. Soooooo...who out there has a K40 that has let them down?
Old 05-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, minus the passion of the previous posts. I purchased a 99 c2 and it has a K-40. Wayyyyy... too many falses, to the point where it is completely useless. I use Passport Solo as the primary. I did just email K-40 to see about "refurbishing" the unit.. After one week and no response. I re-emailed the request. I'll keep you posted on what they say.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:31 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

My K40 has saved me both with laser and radar. It allows me to drive with confidence and to date, knock on wood, I haven't received any tickets. I also love its ease of use (blue tooth), and stealth installation. You can not see any of the wires, and I love the integrated remote. I also admire the confidence of having my backside protected by the rear laser and radar detector. Not many systems protect your rear by an installed detector in the rear plate. I know that the valentine 1 has rear protection but look at where it's placed beind the front windshield. It has to shoot all the way to the rear of the car through the rear glass in order to detect the signal. I'm not saying it can't do it, but it's hard for me to believe that it can detect more efficiently than a radar-laser system installed in the rear. As always, to each its own. But I love my K40 and will stand by it.

Jay
Old 05-20-2007, 02:10 AM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

I like my psychic radar detector...
Old 05-20-2007, 02:19 AM
P-Car944
Banned

K40 is not going to take care of you. I like all these stories of people who say your K40 laser jammer works, but again, there is not current testing write ups on the K40 by magazines, testing sites of the K40. If the K40 was so good wouldnt it get tested all the time since it is geared towards nice cars like you all own? Also, a K40 dealer only pays $150 dollars for a K40 laser jammer and charges you all how much again? I would be a K40 dealer but I dont like scamming people.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:12 AM
boolala
Race Car

You seem to be totally incabable of distinguishing between the K40 radar and laser detector and the K40 Jammer. They are completely separate units. You can buy one without the other. I paid $200 for the "jammer". So if it costs the dealer $150 wholesale it seems that $50 is a reasonable profit margin (which includes installation). It took the installer 4 hours to install the entire system in my car (at my home). I expect he will make a profit. The detector was the bulk of both the total system cost ($1500 =1300 + 200) and time to install.

You keep going back to the lawsuit K40 filed against some lame website (the owner of whom both reviews and sells radar detectors -- now that certainly makes him objective doesn't it?-- about as objective as car magazines who review vehicles and accept advertisements from these same manufacturers). Is the K40 available for sale directly to the consumer? I doubt it as you must find an installer to do the complex installation. Thus he makes no profit from the sale of the K40 as he can't sell them. Any k40 sales cannabilizes his personal sale of radar detectors. Secondly why would anyone in his right mind agree not to talk about a product based merely on a lawsuit? The "truth" is absolute defense against libel. You can't prevent someone from telling the truth. If he is unwilling to defend his reviews then pehaps they are not objective and can't be backed up. I don;t know the details of this suit but this agreement sounds fishy to me.

Finally the passion and extent of your counter-advocacy really casts your credibility into question. No sooner than someone merely mentions the K40 than you are on here foaming at the mouth with a half dozen posts a day on the subject. We know your views. Now give it a rest.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:31 AM
P-Car944
Banned

I'm talking about the Calibre. Show me the newest K40 or K40 Calibrie laser jammer system that is non -K40 Corp. If something is a really good performer it should have tests conducted by independent testing groups. I'm done with this topic, since you have seen my video of the K40 Calibre on the lambo failing to perform as advertised.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by P-Car944
...I would be a K40 dealer but I dont like scamming people.
So what is it the you do sell?

Sure sounds like you are pushing something.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:46 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy V
So what is it the you do sell?

Sure sounds like you are pushing something.
Troll food?
Old 05-20-2007, 05:20 PM
princetonporsche
Instructor

Never heard this site mentioned so unsure of their biases but check this out: (scroll half way down to read K40 info, LPP is not mentioned)

http://www.radartest.com/article.asp?articleID=8502
Old 05-20-2007, 11:22 PM
P-Car944
Banned

The fact is I dont sell anything...I am just a person who regularly test laser jammers and educates drivers on what works and what doesn't.

Quick Reply: K40 Calibre Experience