Sponsored by:

New GT3 front and Techart rockers - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 03:03 AM
synergy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New GT3 front and Techart rockers - Pics

It was time for a little facelift....special thanks to Cecil at BodyStyle San Jose (awesome paint and body work) and Mike Evanchik at Carlsen Porsche.

Installed was an OEM GT3 front bumper w/ painted lip to match and TechArt side rockers. The front lip is rediculously low...should be interesting

Old 05-14-2007, 03:12 AM
98carrera4S
Advanced

Wow Synergy, that's simply stunning! Is the OEM GT3 bumper a direct fit on the standard Carreras? I was at my local Porsche dealership last week pricing out the aerokit front end (I'm not crazy about the rear spoiler, and just wanted the front bumper). The parts guy said that his system wasn't showing that the front bumper could be bought separately, and suggested the OEM GT3 bumper might be a good alternative. The only thing was that he hadn't seen it installed on a standard Carrera and wasn't sure if the mounting points/panels lined up.

Did you have to do anything special to install your GT3 bumper? Thanks in advance!
Old 05-14-2007, 03:22 AM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Stunning was the word that came to my mind too.

I normally have a really minimalist point of view when it comes to modification and a lot of modified cars on this forum range from "tacky" to "ricy" in my books. However, this is really clean and the synergy is beautiful!
Old 05-14-2007, 03:45 AM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Looks great....however I'd be concerned about the front lip since I ripped off the front splitter on my GT3 tonight when I flew across a dip in the road. Oops.

Enjoy it while it's still looking great.

Cheers,
Old 05-14-2007, 08:05 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

AWESOME! The nose looks great and the TA side skirts really complete the package. Coupled with the Kinesis F 110's, it is SCHWEEET!

Why the hell is Porsche still pre-punching "starter" holes for license plate on the front bumper cover?
Old 05-14-2007, 08:12 AM
soc_fans
Instructor

Looks sweet ! Loves it
Old 05-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Frino
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great mod/looks awesome!

Do yourself a favor; do as many trial runs as possible in and around your neighborhood(s) and on any sort of commuting routes with a buddy who can get out and check clearances in/out of driveways (e.g., favorite gas stations, garages), speed bumps, dips, etc. You'll have to work harder in terms of paying attention but it'll be worth it. You're gonna scrape and it's OK. Lastly, order a spare lip now as they are most likely on back-order.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:03 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Synergy the car looks absolutely beautiful. I really like the added center grill on the GT3 cover over the Aerosport I just installed (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/351302-pics-of-new-aerosport-front-bumper-cover.html). Wonder if I could cut it in.....

98 Carrera4s: I ordered my Aerosport front cover only from Sunset Porsche in Oregon: (http://www.sunsetimports.com/) The front cover cost $1,450 + $175.shipping to Los Angeles.
Bev. Hills Porsche gave me the same line about only selling the complete kit....
Old 05-14-2007, 10:19 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

love it and love it more without a humongous rear wing....your car looks beautiful.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 131 Posts

Are you running a center radiator now as well?
Old 05-14-2007, 02:07 PM
98carrera4S
Advanced

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Synergy the car looks absolutely beautiful. I really like the added center grill on the GT3 cover over the Aerosport I just installed (https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351302). Wonder if I could cut it in.....

98 Carrera4s: I ordered my Aerosport front cover only from Sunset Porsche in Oregon: (http://www.sunsetimports.com/) The front cover cost $1,450 + $175.shipping to Los Angeles.
Bev. Hills Porsche gave me the same line about only selling the complete kit....
JR, thank you for letting me know where you got your front cover. I'm planning to get a 997 Cabrio later this year, and really didn't want to spend $7,000 for the full aerokit (I love the front bumper cover, but would rather install this Techart rear spoiler).

The parts guy at my Porche dealership quoted me a price of $980 for an OEM GT3 bumper cover. Add a few hundred dollars more for the miscellaneous mounting bits, and the price would likely be close to Sunset's price for the Aerosport cover. Both look great - I think it really comes down to whether you prefer having the middle grille or not.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks great, aggressive yet tasteful.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:21 AM
synergy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 98carrera4S
Wow Synergy, that's simply stunning! Is the OEM GT3 bumper a direct fit on the standard Carreras? I was at my local Porsche dealership last week pricing out the aerokit front end (I'm not crazy about the rear spoiler, and just wanted the front bumper). The parts guy said that his system wasn't showing that the front bumper could be bought separately, and suggested the OEM GT3 bumper might be a good alternative. The only thing was that he hadn't seen it installed on a standard Carrera and wasn't sure if the mounting points/panels lined up.

Did you have to do anything special to install your GT3 bumper? Thanks in advance!
Thanks for your comments. Yes, you can order a GT3 front bumper and it is plug and play. Very simple install. Call Mike over at Carlsen parts in Redwood City, CA and he can help. Good luck!
Old 05-17-2007, 01:24 AM
synergy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Synergy the car looks absolutely beautiful. I really like the added center grill on the GT3 cover over the Aerosport I just installed (https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351302). Wonder if I could cut it in.....
Be careful cutting it in, I have seen people do this and it didn't come out correctly.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:50 AM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Techart rockers look suspiciously like 996 GT3 side skirts

Quick Reply: New GT3 front and Techart rockers - Pics