Sponsored by:

McGuires XT wax

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 11:19 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DerivativesGuy
There is more to it isnt there??? What about clay bar, polish etc.?? I wish i could just find someone to do this for me for a fee. I know lots of folks on this board love to spend entire weekends detailing their cars. I just dont find this very enjoyable - especially after working 14hr days all week. I love when my car looks great, i just dont have the time or patience to do it myself.
Sounds like you need to get yourself a local pro detailer to keep your P-Car in tip-top shape.

There's no magic cure for a well detailed car - it does take time

At least if it's been pro detailed, you can wash in between details and still have a great looking car each week.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like it a lot... it's true, it doesn't last very long... but once you put on a layer or two, the thing has a really nice deep gloss....
Old 04-24-2007, 08:23 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

There is more to it isnt there??? What about clay bar, polish etc.?? I wish i could just find someone to do this for me for a fee. I know lots of folks on this board love to spend entire weekends detailing their cars. I just dont find this very enjoyable - especially after working 14hr days all week. I love when my car looks great, i just dont have the time or patience to do it myself.

meh, it just depends on how finicky you are. With a new car, they look pretty darn good without all the clay bar stuff, & many folks can get buy with just a periodic wax. If that is the case for you, just give it a coat of NXT, or Zaino, or Klasse, or... from time to time. If you want more, & don't want to do all the prep yourself, have a pro do it for you and then maintain it with one of these easy to use waxes or sealants.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:11 PM
DerivativesGuy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wbellinz
DerivatesGuy, Email phil@detailersdomain.com he does detailing and uses some of the best products. The best products are not available in stores. Menzerna, Pinnacle, Zaino and the likes are great wazes / sealants.

BTW... what derivatives do you deal trade? I have trades some HY.NA.CDX.S7 in my prior job.
Where is this guy?

Funny you should mention cdx. I trade credit derivs.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:26 PM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

be the basis
Old 04-25-2007, 09:18 PM
wbellinz
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Where is this guy?

Funny you should mention cdx. I trade credit derivs.

Not sure the exact town, but in Northern NJ. His number has a 201 area code. I think he will come to you if you are close or you can go to him.

Quick Reply: McGuires XT wax